+1

Semi V hull vs Modified V and WATER SPRAY!

Been riding GTX's for quite a few years and have only recently jumpted into the musclecraft game (RXP)
    Have taken the RXP out 3 times now and notice that I get sprayed with water quite a bit.
    I'm wondering, is this a result of the semi-v hull design??
    I can't recall getting so much water spray on me with the modified v of the GTX's. Is it just me or have I coincidentally been going out during unoticeable windy conditions??

+1
    I used to have a 96 GTX and a 98 GTXL and I found the newer 05 GTX and 04 RXP are wetter rides than the older models if you hit a wave to fast or the nose drops in a trough you get a face full where the older hulls the spray went more sideways, you really had to stuff the nose to get water over the front. The 05 GTX is not too bad where the RXP you get soaked in the chop. I added a splash guard to the RXP and it's probably the best mod so far for ride comfort. Getting a face full of really cold saltwater gets annoying in a hurry especially in the spring and late fall.

+1

Re: Splash Guard

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I used to have a 96 GTX and a 98 GTXL and I found the newer 05 GTX and 04 RXP are wetter rides than the older models if you hit a wave to fast or the nose drops in a trough you get a face full where the older hulls the spray went more sideways, you really had to stuff the nose to get water over the front. The 05 GTX is not too bad where the RXP you get soaked in the chop. I added a splash guard to the RXP and it's probably the best mod so far for ride comfort. Getting a face full of really cold saltwater gets annoying in a hurry especially in the spring and late fall.
    Dude...you're spot on! You remember which splash guard you got?

Banned User
    +1
    Getting wet is half the fun, actually more than half. Wear a wet suit and the cold water won't bother you. The few times I have been out this year already getting splashed in the face with 37 degree water is actually quite refreshing after the first initial shock of it.

I wear some sort of wet suit all year long. I ride Lake Michigan so the water is rarely if ever over 75 degrees. Since I bought my suits, crashing through waves has become fun rather than a nuisance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brittrich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Dude...you're spot on! You remember which splash guard you got?

I got a used RIVA splashguard from the classifieds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0681.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	327495  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Getting wet is half the fun, actually more than half. Wear a wet suit and the cold water won't bother you. The few times I have been out this year already getting splashed in the face with 37 degree water is actually quite refreshing after the first initial shock of it.

I wear some sort of wet suit all year long. I ride Lake Michigan so the water is rarely if ever over 75 degrees. Since I bought my suits, crashing through waves has become fun rather than a nuisance.

A 100 mile ride with half of it going into the wind getting splashed in the face every wave gets old fast. I remember a ride last year on the GTX where I had to stand for a while as every wave was hitting me in the face, if I stood up it would hit me in the chest.

+1
    have to agree with canuck about 100mile ride..

i enjoy the rxp for the adrenalin factor, water splash etc as you carve it up, on a hot day, its fantastic. i would get twice as wet on the rxp vs the rxt.
    my rxt just scares everyone including myself, the big hull is needed for speed stability and to handle the power it is putting out.

+1
    I have the Riva splash guard as well, but its the one with the flames. I ordered the one like canuck has but recieved the flame one. It doesnt seem to hang as low as the Riva w/o flames, but still made a huge difference. I still get a little spray in my face on choppy days in the ocean, but its not face fulls which gets old quick. I also used bolts and lock nuts with washes instead of the rivets it comes with for added strength and has help up fine since last summer

Thread Information