+1

Gp1300r Prop Removal Question

Hey guys,

there's gotta be something simple that I'm not understanding here, my pump is out and I want to change my prop from the solas dynafly to concord 13/19. I can't seem to get this blue little prop nose off. Is there any trick to popping it off?

also, what should I torque the prop to? and should I be using any grease or locktite on the threads?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ's gpr View Post
    Hey guys,

there's gotta be something simple that I'm not understanding here, my pump is out and I want to change my prop from the solas dynafly to concord 13/19. I can't seem to get this blue little prop nose off. Is there any trick to popping it off?

also, what should I torque the prop to? and should I be using any grease or locktite on the threads?
    Aren't there set screws? Mine has three on my Solas Concord

+1
    No screws, just a really tight seal. got a flat head in the groove and it finally loosened up with a little prying.

just went to take the prop off and my vise clamp on the work bench holding the shaft tool actually broke . I can tell this props gonna be a pain to get off

+1
    No screws, just a really tight seal. got a flat head in the groove and it finally loosened up with a little prying.

just went to take the prop off and my vise clamp on the work bench holding the shaft tool actually broke . I can tell this props gonna be a pain to get off
    I used a breaker bar under neath something really heavy and used my huge box wrench to get it off pretty easily. I actually put the breaker bar under a closed door on carpet.

+1
    Apparently there are nose cones with screws but the blue ones i have used for Solas DF impellers are press in. The go in easy but after time they can be hard to get loose. I just replaced my DF impeller on 07 GPR and pretty much buggered up the nose cone getting it off. My new DF came with a new nose cone also but I was advised to not use it.

Anyway the impellers get real tight also. You have to have a good bench vise to clamp onto the shaft tool, 4 inch vise is marginal with 5 or bigger is advised.
    Then remember the thread on impeller is left hand so you have to go clockwise to loosen it. Just get enough leverage and and it will come off. I used a heat gun on my impeller last time and got the hub pretty hot, I like to believe it made it come off easier? Use grease or better yet use anti-sieze on the threads when putting the new one on. I like to get them tight but not super tight because they will self tighten by the direction of force on the impeller by the water. I kind of imagine every power pulse from the pistons firing is acting like an impact wrench to tighten the impeller on the shaft. Just my input, some others can chime in.

Good luck, Ceril

+1
    I did actually have to climb up on work bench and put my 210 into to break it free.

+1
    got mine off today. actually wasn't to hard once I got it in the right vise.

+1
    got mine off today. actually wasn't to hard once I got it in the right vise.
    I usually use grease when putting them back together and tighten as much as I can. If you just snug them up and let them self tighten....they are really hard to get back off.

+1
    Putting my tunnel back together today, should I use locktite? Antiseize? On the pump tunnel bolts.

Thanks for all the help guys!

+1
    I use anti seize on everything below the bond line

11. +1 by:

Thread Information