Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trouble 2 incidents on spark

Hey guys took my 3up out today, went from 1 /12 hours to 5 hours on the hour meter, running at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle with occasional full throttle. I spent about 20 minutes playing around in some waves and spinning it around, when i got done with that it acted like it had very low throttle response and just bogging down, i drove it at 3/4 throttle for about 5 minutes and that cleared up, no more issues with that for rest of the day. Then about a hour before i stopped for the day, it had a time that felt it "came out of gear" the engine reved up and started slowing down, i let off the throttle then reapplied and it started back going (this only lasted about 5 seconds and it didnt do it again the rest of the day. Im going to assume that i had a plug get dirty during all the playing on the first problem but any idea on the second one?

+1
    Did you suck anything up?

3. +1 by:

been under there looking no scratches on hull ill get a flashlight and look in better, the lake did have a good bit of trash from all the rain we have had here but not were i was driving.

So just looked in better with a light, very light scrathes on wear ring and a freaking pine cone wedged just outside reach of impeller....nice well at least no major damage. Ill do a flush on it as soon as i get the flusk kit in.

+1
    It doesn't take much to loss power a stick a plastic bag etc if you checked try again all good

Yea i just got the pine cone out thats cut in half i pulled both ends out. (well my fiance did gota love them small hands/arms)

+1
    Use a stick with a knife or something to cut it out out all good

+1
    If you apply throttle and hear and FEEL a Vibration throughout the ski then something is stuck between the prop and the liner and the BEST way to get it out is to pull the ski up on the trailer (Out of the water) and hit the throttle a few times. This happened quite often in Trashy waters on my 08 RXT-X and I was forced to idle at 2,800 rpm,s for several miles back to the launch site!

Some thing like that happened to me too. Was at idle near the dock and there were some sticks and leaves in the water nothing big. Then when I went to accel the rpms shot up for a few seconds and the ski did not move then it felt like some thing got "sucked through" the impeller and then I began to move. Rode it another 10-15 min after that and did not notice any issues, normal acceleration/power. When I got back home I looked into the intake grate towards the impeller at the wear ring and did notice some scratches did not seem super torn up but not sure home much abuse they can take (my first PWC to own) question is : should I go ahead and replace the wear ring if I see any scratches or just upgrade now to the metal one ?

+1
    Usually you only need to change out the wear ring when the boat starts to cavitate bad off the line under hard throttle. They can take quite a bit of abuse until then ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information