+1

Trail/Track Help, Please

I'm working on a trail/track for my site that I recently "rediscovered" in my files. Obviously, one of you 'hulkers likely shared it w/me, but I can't seem to find it in my email. The trail goes from the Tom's River area, up the north portion of Barnegat Bay and ends in Bay Head Harbour, near the south end of the Point Pleasant Canal...

I have a few questions for the locals: Is Pleasant Point Canal off-limits to PWC? Do any of you ever ride up the Metedeconk River? Is "F Cove" the place to beach and hangout?

Any ramps, marinas, food or drink stops worth noting would also be appreciated...

+1
    I don't think that PWCs are allowed in the canal because of the currents, I could be wrong though. F-cove is pretty much off limits now. You are allowed to enter the lagoon but not allowed to beach anything or walk on the land. I haven't witnessed this personally but heard stories of it being well policed.

+1
    Resko, my gut tells me you're likely correct, b/c I found F Cove on GE, yet I've never heard talk of it here on the 'hulk. And I'd also heard from other skiers that the canal was off limits... Thanks for the feedback.

+1
    The canal is off limits as is the Cape May Canal, I did a little research last night. F-cove used to get CRAZY, and they closed it for the 2012 season. Too many people leaving trash and not respecting the area so they closed it off completely. Now it is open again but you can not touch the shore in any way. It's a wildlife sanctuary. The best place to hang now is probably Tices, but there are a couple coves on the Toms River and in Silverton where people hang out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    I'm working on a trail/track for my site that I recently "rediscovered" in my files. Obviously, one of you 'hulkers likely shared it w/me, but I can't seem to find it in my email. The trail goes from the Tom's River area, up the north portion of Barnegat Bay and ends in Bay Head Harbour, near the south end of the Point Pleasant Canal...

I have a few questions for the locals: Is Pleasant Point Canal off-limits to PWC? Do any of you ever ride up the Metedeconk River? Is "F Cove" the place to beach and hangout?

Any ramps, marinas, food or drink stops worth noting would also be appreciated...
    Is below what you are referring to, but I don't think I ever sent this to you? These were from 2011, the first was what I attempted to do and the second was the actual ride. It was my first time in the Barnegat and it was extremely rough that day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brick to Winward to Kettle Creek to Bayville.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	327656Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-13-2011_Barnegat Ride.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	169.4 KB 
ID:	327657

The Metedeconk was just as rough as the bay that day and you already know the PP canal is off limits to pwc's.

+1
    Picture of F-cove from 2011.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8130055.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	327658

+1
    Thanks, guys. CJ - if you're up to it, please send me both files - I can build from there and add to what I already had. [email protected]

And I can see that the pic. is obviously from the good ole' days...

+1
    Was coding on the site tonight and found this while doing research: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/boat_ramp_guide.pdf I don't think it's "post-Sandy" but it still offers some resources.

Thread Information