Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

best bang for the buck?????? 07 rxt

i have a 07 rxt has about 120hrs on it i am getting it ready for summer so i pulled the pump and my impeller has seen better days after sucking up rocks and sticks so i am going to replace the impeller and wear ring what pitch impeller would be best also while i am messing with it what would be good upgrades that don't break the bank. like intake grate scoops or pump shims or anything else you guys would recommend

+1
    Might want to look into Jims rideplate mod. Its pretty cheap and will give ya some gains, 1-2 mph.

+1
    I have an 05 RXT, when I first got it I put in a Solas 13/18 with SpeedFreek set back mod, R&D grate, kanaflex intake, removed the screen from stock IC, filled the ride plate holes. I ran 68.5mph gps. Besides perf. upgrades, check your carbon seal and bellows, also have your supercharger rebuilt if you havent already. I have my Solas prop for sale if your interested.

+1
    If you have the time it's cheaper to send your impeller in for repair, Impros run around $100 and it will come back looking like new.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodwrench_420 View Post
    i have a 07 rxt has about 120hrs on it i am getting it ready for summer so i pulled the pump and my impeller has seen better days after sucking up rocks and sticks so i am going to replace the impeller and wear ring what pitch impeller would be best also while i am messing with it what would be good upgrades that don't break the bank. like intake grate scoops or pump shims or anything else you guys would recommend
    Need to know what kinda riding you do and normal water conditions. What kinda r's are you seeing now wot?

Best bang for the buck....bar none...air intake...whether a diy or fizzle's. Although a rear air will show better numbers still. That simple mod will improve everything else you do to your ski.

6. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by FDRXT View Post
    I have an 05 RXT, when I first got it I put in a Solas 13/18 with SpeedFreek set back mod, R&D grate, kanaflex intake, removed the screen from stock IC, filled the ride plate holes. I ran 68.5mph gps. Besides perf. upgrades, check your carbon seal and bellows, also have your supercharger rebuilt if you havent already. I have my Solas prop for sale if your interested.
    Was under the impression that a 13/18 was oem spec. What kinda r's were you turning at 68.5?

+1
    Was under the impression that a 13/18 was oem spec. What kinda r's were you turning at 68.5?[/QUOTE]

I think ur right 13/18 is stock, my impeller was bad so Erik at SpeedFreeks suggested with my mods to put in a Solas 13/18 with his setback mod. He may have pitched it, Im not 100% sure. The ski ran around 7900-8000rpm in the summer heat @68.5

+1
    ride plate. It's a lot of work and if you don't do it right you break the coolant fittings. Good IC will make you happy and open the door for anything else you do in the future. Will also make the ski more reliable by reducing heat

Quote Originally Posted by FDRXT View Post
    I think ur right 13/18 is stock, my impeller was bad so Erik at SpeedFreeks suggested with my mods to put in a Solas 13/18 with his setback mod. He may have pitched it, Im not 100% sure. The ski ran around 7900-8000rpm in the summer heat @68.5
    My understanding has the setback mod adding 1-2mph....a 4" air intake at least 100rpm...since you're below you limiter by what....1-200 rpm?....something is holding you back. not much...but still.

I can remember running a 4" air, freebies and tweeking my oem prop +3 and being on the limiter at 69+. After that going to a rear air and having to take out a coupla mm from a 14/19 and being over 70...still having the screen in my oem ic.

Point being....dunno..seems you should be either all over the limiter...or runnin faster...even in the heat.

Curious what numbers you were seeing before the mods?

+1
    Might be because I had a bad piston and rings. The ski would sometimes hesitate to start but run fine after, oil & carbon buildup on the intake valves. I would burn some oil but the ski ran so good I just ignored it until I sent it to Slow91 for head work. He found the bad piston that was scraping the cylinder. I figured 68.5 was pretty good for a mostly stock ski with 170hrs. I think Erik said the setback mod helped in holeshot not so much top end and the R&D grate is slower than the Riva but is supposed to hook better. Maybe the impeller could have used another tweak but I was happy with it and had plans on upgrading anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information