Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Flashed my ecu today 13' rxp-x

I bought the vtech tuner and flashed it today with the help of Surferd15(thanks bro) cause im a little slow apparently.
    Before the flash my speedo was showing 69mph
    After it flashed 73 off and on
    My max rpms were 8300 but mostly 8240

This is all on a bone stock ski, after i decided to install the riva stainless steel intake grate this dropped my rpms by 20 and my mph went down, would flash 72.

Next up fizzle 4" intake
    intake manifold kit
    riva exhaust kit

I have all these parts at my house and will post times after each mod i have a impeller but its the wrong one so im waiting for the correct one to come in then ill put that one on

Any SUGGESTIONS OR TIPS would be greatly appreciated i know i know im getting the intercooler within the next two weeks

+1
    So your Riva grate made you go slower? Hmm i wonder why i have always gain speed!! Could it be something with the new grates?

Not gonna lie i was disappointed by that, i guess im stuck taking it out depending on where i ride it takes 5 min to do so.. did i get the wrong one?? I got the riva stainless top loader intake grate

+1
    anxious to see your results. im doing exact same mods but im on the fence about the vtech.. cant wait to see your gains

+1
    Not uncommon to lose a small amount on the top end with the grate. But that usually is the only possible negative. You usually gain in the hole shot and hook up in the rough and in the turns. Throw the Fizzle intake on and chances are you'll get that speed back or the intake manifold kit.

+1
    A common problem is people just bolt up everything without looking and wind up scrubbing speed or gaining nothing. I bet the intake grate isn't sitting like it should for one reason or another. My R&D had to be milled down on the front right side to sit properly and I also had to elongate the holes. People also don't remove the silicon from the stock grate and then the mounting pads stick out beyond the hull.

+1
    Glad to help! If you need help with anything else let me know. Doing the air intake and removing the old air box is a bit tricky.

I'm on the fence about the v-tech, too. Just wonder how I can screw it up. Does anyone buy another ECU and have it flashed, then put the stock one in if it goes in for service? How easy was the v-tech to use? You needed help with it? Have a new 14 P-X. Haven't run it yet, but have Kanaflex and 15-22 ready to go on. Do I go with v-tech?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dave911rsr View Post
    I'm on the fence about the v-tech, too. Just wonder how I can screw it up. Does anyone buy another ECU and have it flashed, then put the stock one in if it goes in for service? How easy was the v-tech to use? You needed help with it? Have a new 14 P-X. Haven't run it yet, but have Kanaflex and 15-22 ready to go on. Do I go with v-tech?
    It is extremely easy to use and they have tutorial videos for pretty much everything they offer. Also, if you're just running kanaflex with the tune, your 15/22 is way too much prop. You will be really low on revs. Need to bend it back to at least a 15/20.5 to get the revs up to or around 8300 depending on where you are.

+1
    with vtech you can flash the ecu back to stock any time you want

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information