Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163

    Prop won't let the shaft turn

    If it is tightened down the prop stops the shaft from turning properly as it must have been cut back to much. Any way to make this still work?


  2. #2
    1200 stx-r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NWCT
    Posts
    2,517
    +1
    200
    Its already broken. Remove it. Since it was crushed onto the shaft it needs repair. Maybe next one not as much set back or install a crush washer??

  3. #3
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post
    Its already broken. Remove it. Since it was crushed onto the shaft it needs repair. Maybe next one not as much set back or install a crush washer??
    No I didn't install it I hand tightened it and noticed that the shaft stopped spinning. Anyways I fixed it. Thanks for the advice. This is the one Jarrett sold me.

    Took an orbital sander and sanded the base of the prop and got about 1mm back.

  4. #4
    1200 stx-r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NWCT
    Posts
    2,517
    +1
    200
    It looks cracked /broken in that pic...

  5. #5
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163
    No it must be weird looking in the pic. I was hand tightening it and noticed it was not right. Never had a wrench on it. At least on my ski

  6. #6
    Jarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX
    Posts
    3,011
    +1
    77
    As mentioned in the email last night, I'd suggest calling Glen at Skat to get his input on it. He's the one that did the work on this prop and there might be a diff setup for the set back props than the standard Skats.

  7. #7
    Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Old Hickory,Tn
    Posts
    5,446
    +1
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post
    Its already broken. Remove it. Since it was crushed onto the shaft it needs repair. Maybe next one not as much set back or install a crush washer??
    No I didn't install it I hand tightened it and noticed that the shaft stopped spinning. Anyways I fixed it. Thanks for the advice. This is the one Jarrett sold me.

    Took an orbital sander and sanded the base of the prop and got about 1mm back.
    Hope you took the material off evenly, out of balance prop is not a good thing....

  8. #8
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post
    Its already broken. Remove it. Since it was crushed onto the shaft it needs repair. Maybe next one not as much set back or install a crush washer??
    No I didn't install it I hand tightened it and noticed that the shaft stopped spinning. Anyways I fixed it. Thanks for the advice. This is the one Jarrett sold me.

    Took an orbital sander and sanded the base of the prop and got about 1mm back.
    Hope you took the material off evenly, out of balance prop is not a good thing....
    Yes sir very evenly and smooth. But WFO (Rich) said balancing was a gimmick. Not saying that way off don't hurt but 2/10 of a gram is. It's good tho I'm fairly certain

  9. #9
    Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Old Hickory,Tn
    Posts
    5,446
    +1
    650
    Yeah a gimmick.........a prop spinning 7800+ rpms out of balance will wear your bearings out....

  10. #10
    GPRXP vspec1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Fl.
    Posts
    1,517
    +1
    253
    Glenn makes two different ss shims you can buy. A thin and a thick. Its usually one or the other so that the prop doesn't bottom out....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ok who knows how to get a fzr prop off the shaft.
    By bscpaint in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 07:06 PM
  2. Letting the drive shaft dangle: Problems?
    By imp0ster in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 10:20 PM
  3. Stuck prop on the shaft again
    By Lvnspeed in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 09:29 AM
  4. Let the drinking begin!
    By GeoRXT in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 09:48 AM
  5. Let the turkey fixin's begin.
    By Hydrotoys in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-24-2005, 08:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •