Biggest fuel injected 4 stroke pwc? Offshore fishing

I've been looking at the Yamaha suv lately to turn into an offshore fishing machine but I'm hesitant due to the ancient carbureted 2 stroke design. I feel there are much more reliable choices now so I am looking for the next best thing to use as a fishing platform. I like the reliability I hear about with Yamaha ski's. I know nothing is quite as big as the Yamaha suv but is there anything even remotely close that offers a reliable naturally aspirated fuel injected 4 stroke? The bigger the better for Offshore fishing stability...

+1
    You can convert an SUV to 4 stroke.

Ive seen the conversions and its pretty cool but for reliability reasons i would want something completely stock.

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    Yama FXHO is roughly 1/3 less volume than the SUV but is as big as you're gonna get. Mass is where it's at for sitting nicely in choppy water but I'm not a marine architect who can tell you that you could set your large cooler up to hold water or drain depending on conditions. Hard to gain width but with larger custom sponsons but width without mass tends to make them excessively stable (snap roll). Not hard to add length and buoyancy to the back but really, if you are going to customize anyway, the SUV with an engine swap is the way to go. Find somebody who dropped an FXHO off a trailer and buy the salvage and hire a shop to switch it out.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yama FXHO is roughly 1/3 less volume than the SUV but is as big as you're gonna get. Mass is where it's at for sitting nicely in choppy water but I'm not a marine architect who can tell you that you could set your large cooler up to hold water or drain depending on conditions. Hard to gain width but with larger custom sponsons but width without mass tends to make them excessively stable (snap roll). Not hard to add length and buoyancy to the back but really, if you are going to customize anyway, the SUV with an engine swap is the way to go. Find somebody who dropped an FXHO off a trailer and buy the salvage and hire a shop to switch it out.
    I agree with Mark on this one. Do an SUV conversion, or try to make do with an FX HO

Thread Information