Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Summerizing 13' FZS

Had an 03 fx140 and always did plugs and oil change and filter, thinking same route with this one or does the super charger need something as well? What do you guys reccomend to pump oil out? and any leads on good plugs at a fair price?

bump any help appreciated .

+1
    Most people winterize their ski (plugs, oil, filter, lube, fog) before putting the ski away for the winter months. When I take mine out of storage I do a visual check of the entire ski, hook it up to the hose, and run it on idle for 5-10 minutes.

If you are taking your ski out of storage and did not winterize the ski, I would suggest changing the plugs, oil, and filter. No the supercharger does not need any special attention-- but you do not want to rev the ski right away after starting it for the first time in months.... let her warm up first.

+1
    Not a fan of running on the hose for that long so I brought mine down to the water and ran it on the trailer for 10 minutes after topping it off with fresh gas. Next is plugs and oil.

Banned User
    +1
    Im not a fan of running on the hose at all unless you are flushing salt out if the machine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Im not a fan of running on the hose at all unless you are flushing salt out if the machine.
    Why? Been doing it for years on all types of skis without a problem. You're certainly not doing any harm to the ski.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Why? Been doing it for years on all types of skis without a problem. You're certainly not doing any harm to the ski.
    Its pretty much pointless unless you are flushing salt or other sediment from the cooling system. Running too long on the hose can cause damage to seals in the drive line without cooling from being in the water.

So just oil and plugs... cool. What plug do I need any where can I order it on the cheap? Im guessing just regular pre gapped NGK's?

And what do you guys use to pump out oil, the one I used to use was a pain and need a new pump anyway.

+1
    Not sure of the plugs serial number but yeah just NGK's. pull your plugs out and the number should be on the side. my local auto zone had mine for pretty cheap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information