Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

R&D SVHO Cooling upgrade Kit

Has anyone installed this kit yet on an SVHO? I was reading thru the instructions and was just curious if anyone has completed this install yet?

Pictures? Warnings? Thoughts?

+1
    Sub'd... I am still not sure which cooling kit to go with. Leaning Riva based on others. Basically will be going with Fizzle Y1000, and the Riva Billet cooling block. Just need to sort which cooling kit would be the best option.

+1
    Installed rd cooling kit on my svho with the fizzle cooler had Jim's performance in palm harbor fl install every thing, he did it differently than the instructions from rd said,shoot him a pm and I'm sure he will let you know how he did this. Mine looks very clean with this cooler, It looks like just an extra cooling line from the cooler to the pump, when you get on ski water out of the 2 pissers on the right side get warm until you let off the gas than the water cools instantly, will see how this works when weather gets hot here in tampa,hope this helped, ps the fizzle cooler looks very clean and tidy in ski, sits lower in the hull than the riva power cooler and is I think 350.00 cheaper plus you get a bov with the cooler also,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skizzott View Post
    Installed rd cooling kit on my svho with the fizzle cooler had Jim's performance in palm harbor fl install every thing, he did it differently than the instructions from rd said,shoot him a pm and I'm sure he will let you know how he did this. Mine looks very clean with this cooler, It looks like just an extra cooling line from the cooler to the pump, when you get on ski water out of the 2 pissers on the right side get warm until you let off the gas than the water cools instantly, will see how this works when weather gets hot here in tampa,hope this helped, ps the fizzle cooler looks very clean and tidy in ski, sits lower in the hull than the riva power cooler and is I think 350.00 cheaper plus you get a bov with the cooler also,
    Thank you very much for the reply! This is what I was looking for. I will PM Jim and see what he can educate me on.

+1
    What did it run you the install at Jim's?

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKSTI View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skizzott View Post
    Thank you very much for the reply! This is what I was looking for. I will PM Jim and see what he can educate me on.
    Hey guys I'm new to the forum and skis but I'm also looking to do the cooling kit too on my svho fzr if u could inform me on what Jim has to say about his set up I would greatly appreciate it... thanks

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    I like running separate cooling to the intercooler and more cooling to the engine, and restricting some water going to the water box for better holeshot. But i do not like running separate cooling to the oil cooler you do not want you oil to be to cool you want it to be at operating temp.

+1
    I found this cooling diagram from JD1's build page.

Jim,
    Could you maybe suggest how you routed lines if differently from this diagram? I would gladly bring my ski to you or any of the other guru's on GH...but I'm 3,000+ miles away.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the routing you would be willing to share? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by BLACKSTI; 04-28-2014 at 01:09 PM.

I found this cooling diagram from JD1's build page. Would this be the best setup for these SVHO's as well?

Nope.. Different oil cooler.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    I found this cooling diagram from JD1's build page. Would this be the best setup for these SVHO's as well?
    Nope.. Different oil cooler.
    What is different about them and how would I route the lines to make the most efficient use of my new R&D cooling kit? Please explain or show pictures as if Im the biggest noob...because I am. Ha

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information