Thread: Stickers by Law

+1

Stickers by Law

Got a couple new skis and want to remove some of the oem stickers. Are there any that I need to leave on because of a law, e.g. Capacity sticker?

+1
    Just did the same on my spark. I removed anything with orange on it. Only left the sticker that shows the details of the ski. Always did that on my motorcycles. And the little v6 or 4wd emblems that come on cars.

+1
    I will be in trouble if you have to leave some on.
    Last edited by troyheb; 04-26-2014 at 09:03 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtlhunter View Post
    Got a couple new skis and want to remove some of the oem stickers. Are there any that I need to leave on because of a law, e.g. Capacity sticker?
    The only thing I can think of is a scenario where someone else is using or riding as passenger on your ski and they get injured and file a lawsuit. If they can show that 'warnings were removed,' blah, blah, blah... but that's an unlikely scenario.

Believe me, there is an army of ambulance chasers out there and they float this stuff on their websites all the time...

http://www.portnerbond.com/Personal-...Injuries.shtml

5. +1 by:

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Few people are aware of the potential for hydrostatic injuries from Jet Skis. When a person falls off the back of a Jet Ski, he or she is at risk of serious injury from the Jet Ski propulsion system. A woman can suffer lacerations and perforations to her vagina. A man or woman can suffer from a perforated colon, requiring colon bypass surgery.
    That must be why BRP recommends/suggests that at least neoprene shorts be worn while riding your ski..

But, with that being said, and virtually ALL the stickers removed from the GTR(save for the roll-over sticker), it looks like the only person(s) getting a ride on the back of the GTR will be the wife...

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    Few people are aware of the potential for hydrostatic injuries from Jet Skis. When a person falls off the back of a Jet Ski, he or she is at risk of serious injury from the Jet Ski propulsion system. A woman can suffer lacerations and perforations to her vagina. A man or woman can suffer from a perforated colon, requiring colon bypass surgery.
    That must be why BRP recommends/suggests that at least neoprene shorts be worn while riding your ski..

But, with that being said, and virtually ALL the stickers removed from the GTR(save for the roll-over sticker), it looks like the only person(s) getting a ride on the back of the GTR will be the wife...
    same on my ski. only the roll over sticker is still there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post

I laughed out loud when I read it on the site. I hope that it doesn't happen to me now...

Thread Information