Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    +1

Screwed up my ibr

Well I knew everything was going to well reinstalling everything today.

While putting in the reverse bucket brackets I needed to adjust the ibr and move it up. To get at the bolts. Moved it up. Only to get a ibr error on the dash. Realized I had left the drop light in the tunnel and the bracket lifted and bound up in the tunnel. Lowered the ibr back down only for it to now make grinding noises and the ibr with nothing attached moves very jerky with noise. Really stupid move on my part. Nothing is binding anywhere else as everything is now disconnected from the motor other than the arm and movement is still the same. Guess I'm out a 1000 now.

I don't think that's different than normal. I've been on off loads over the past few days and using the override all the time. Even when it's 100% working. It's very jerky. It sounds very rough. I actually thought how poor it sounded. Also the jerky, clicky sound everytime you press up or down on VTS, isn't the same each push of the button.

Maybe you've just not heard it before (or listened for it).

If you need me to, I can video mine n post?

+1
    Agreed. Always seemed jerky.
    Rick- compare it to my 11 rxtxIS.
    At least get a baseline.

p.s. il get you a new motor if it came to it at cost

+1
    Something similar happened to me the other day. Moved the iBR all the way up with the bucket and nozzle already removed. After changing the carbon seal, the iBR is now stuck in the up position. Luckily for me, I still have two years of warranty left and its going to the dealer on monday unless someone on here knows a way of getting past the damn iBR faults. Clearing the codes doesnt work. I here something moving when I use the override, but nothing actually moves in the back of the ski. So frustrating.

+1
    After clearing the 7 ibr codes ( thanks john and Chris) they never returned after several ups and downs. Went out and tested another ski it acted the same exact way as min just quieter because it was a suspension ski. I've never noticed the ibr making that much noise and moving so erratically in manual mode. I guess just paranoid cause it was the first time taking it all apart and I thought I screwed something up bad. Ran the ski on the hose at home no codes even threw it in reverse and forward repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Racer View Post
    After clearing the 7 ibr codes ( thanks john and Chris) they never returned after several ups and downs. Went out and tested another ski it acted the same exact way as min just quieter because it was a suspension ski. I've never noticed the ibr making that much noise and moving so erratically in manual mode. I guess just paranoid cause it was the first time taking it all apart and I thought I screwed something up bad. Ran the ski on the hose at home no codes even threw it in reverse and forward repeatedly.
    Phew!! Result. The first time I took mine out I seriously thought I would never get it back together. It just felt all wrong, nothing lined up and if I was not the one removing it, I would have sworn there were parts missing.

First time took me 4hrs to get it back on (lots of colourful language), now I can take it off, change prop/WR and replace in 1hr max. (Plus freezing time).

Great system for user, great benefits to ski but god damn horrific engineering design. Only second to the battery cage on the later ski's - what a stupid design (first time I lost so much skin n blood and still have glassfibre splinters!

Great result for you, now looking forward to seeing some data!

+1
    Took me 2 hours to take it apart. 6 to get it back together. The pump now has the R&D seal on it. It went in so tightly it had to be hit with a sledgehammer. I don't think it will be pulled out so easily.

+1
    Gotta love how the iBR has a mind of its own. Was putting all iBR parts in the front of the ski to drop it off to the dealer and decided to check to see if it would move one last time.... sure enough, dropped right down all the way. 10 min later its all back together and slides up and down like the day I bought it. Go figure.

9. +1 by:

+1
    once I figured out how to take it apart.. putting it back together was easy..

not worried about taking it apart in the future..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post
    Gotta love how the iBR has a mind of its own. Was putting all iBR parts in the front of the ski to drop it off to the dealer and decided to check to see if it would move one last time.... sure enough, dropped right down all the way. 10 min later its all back together and slides up and down like the day I bought it. Go figure.
    I bet it was locked in buds or candoo. That will cause it not to move. I figured that out after the fact also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information