Thread: FZS fuel gauge

FZS fuel gauge

so today was my second day out on the ski and did about 4 hours of riding and took a good pounding out in the chesapeake as the wind picked up...fuel gauge was showing 1 bar left (1/4? tank) - but went to fill up to try and figure out what was left in the tank. Put 9.3 gal of fuel in...how do I figure out what's really in my tank....

my buddies ski (identical to mine) was showing half a tank, which seems more accurate. anyone have any advice/thoughts/issues with their fuel gauge?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    4.5 gal per bar.....low fuel warning goes off with 3 gal left

+1
    18.5 gallon tank. each bar is equal to about 3.5 gallon. When your 1 bar starts to flash and beep. you are now on reserve. about 4.5 gallons left. You can push button on dash to turn off warning beep, but warning light will continue to flash.

+1
    Keep in mind, as your ski is moving in the water, especially when it is rough, the fuel is moving all around in the tank which may cause inaccurate readings from the gauge. Me and my buddy both have the exact same ski and they show different fuel levels when we ride in the ocean. Not really a big deal.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    18.5 gallon tank. each bar is equal to about 3.5 gallon. When your 1 bar starts to flash and beep. you are now on reserve. about 4.5 gallons left. You can push button on dash to turn off warning beep, but warning light will continue to flash.
    Wow those are much different results than I get I do much distance rides. I sucked the tank dry just after the low fuel beeper flashed we got 3.5 gallons. 3.5 x 4 bar only comes out to 14gal I have got a tad over 100 miles out of a full tank with low fuel beeper. Those numbers don't make sense to me??

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDFZS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    Wow those are much different results than I get I do much distance rides. I sucked the tank dry just after the low fuel beeper flashed we got 3.5 gallons. 3.5 x 4 bar only comes out to 14gal I have got a tad over 100 miles out of a full tank with low fuel beeper. Those numbers don't make sense to me??

3.5X4=14+ 4.5(reserve)=18.5

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    So your counting 1 of the 4 bars as reserve??? Still confused

+1
    No he is not.

Each bar equals 3.5 gallons X 4 equals 14 gallons then once your last bar is spend it starts to flash and you have 4.5 gallons left in the tank.

You can look at it as five segments where the first four segments represent 3.5 gallongs then the fifth segment represents 4.5 gallongs.

Thread Information