+1

Boarding Spark from Side!

I have always boarded the ski from the side on shore- Left foot in gunwale then hop over and right foot in gunwale- then start engine slowly.
    This was never a problem on the skies I have owned including RXT-X, 98 XP-L, and 95 XP 800 BUT the Gunwales seem awful high on the Spark and I am wondering if any of you have found it harder to board from the side on shore?

I hate to have to crawl on the back (Even though I have the reboarding step coming on the ski) Unless Really necessary like in deep water.

Is it much harder with the Spark?

(Orange Crush being delivered this week!!!)

Yes, I weigh 250 pounds I found a trick to getting on in deep water using the reboarding step.. But I can't get on from the side

+1
    I have no problem boarding over the side (90hp 2 up) and i weigh about 80kgs. I can actually stand with my full weight on one side. That said, it was mainly done from shore once walked out, the few times i have come off i just board over the rear as normal, i am sure i could board over the side if i had too but i believe the back is easier. This ski, for its size and weight, it is really stable!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 02nelsc View Post
    I have no problem boarding over the side (90hp 2 up) and i weigh about 80kgs. I can actually stand with my full weight on one side. That said, it was mainly done from shore once walked out, the few times i have come off i just board over the rear as normal, i am sure i could board over the side if i had too but i believe the back is easier. This ski, for its size and weight, it is really stable!
    Thanks~! I,m just talking from the side when you first launch and are in 1-2 Feet of water.
    If in deep water naturally it would be from the back.

+1
    When I launch I board from the side. No problem, don't get me wrong. If you stsnd on the side and leave all you weight out it will tip. But I typically board the same way. Left foot in and throw the other leg right over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 02nelsc View Post
    Thanks~! I,m just talking from the side when you first launch and are in 1-2 Feet of water.
    If in deep water naturally it would be from the back.
    Simple to board from the side when launching.. as above, if you stand on the side it will tip, but if you step onto it it's easy done.. I used to get a lot of water in the foot well when I first started, but now get next to nothing in the footwell when boarding..

+1
    Thanks! After I sold my RXT-X last August I bought an inflatable Kayak and found out that me and Kayaks just DO NOT get along? Then 3 weeks later Sea Doo introduced the Spark!! Praise be to them!!!!! Its coming in this week in Connecticut.

Thread Information