Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

most likely spot for oil leak?

Hey, I have an '04 gtx and have some oil accumulated by the tunnel over the winter, not much maybe 1/2 shot glass...I was hoping it wat the spray that I used on the engine for storage(sea-doo stuff) well after wiping off and sitting a few more weeks, I have about another 1/2 shot glass, maybe less....I did have my charger rebuilt last year...before I pull a lot of stuff off to locate...any common areas that leak? could this be something not bad and just left alone or do I need to freakout and remove stuff until I find source....thanks!

+1
    is it near the drive shaft

+1
    PTO seal is most likely leaking.

4. +1 by:

hey guys, thanks for replies!...I guess its near the shaft, its on the side in the bottom floor where the hump for tunnel is...Do I need to remove hoses from SC to see where you guys are talking about? if it is a pto seal...is that an engine removal to fix? I'm guessing thats a big deal, should I just use the way it is see if it gets worse?

+1
    No dont run it till you fix it, the pto seal is over the drive shaft conected to the motor on the end facing the rear has a flap, stick your hand down there at the end and see if oil is comming out the seal to drive shaft?????? you can also go to the oem part finder type in your ski and go to internal jet pump should be in there had the engine diagram for all the part section

+1
    don't just replace the o-rings on an 04. Replace the entire bearing and boot assembly.

8. +1 by:

+1
    #'s 38-41 here:

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....ND-WATER-PUMPS

I highly recommend you re-install the correct Oetiker Clamps on this and NOT use worm clamps. It is critical to have the correct tension on these parts to not leak oil and or get water inside the engine. Do it right the first time!

10. +1 by:

thanks again!!...I will check tonight but am pretty sure this is going to be it....JT, dug up an old thread about same problem, looks like you set'm straight there too!

Hey guys...first thank you for taking the time to reply...I really appreciate it! you are what make GH an awesome resource..Today I was able to take the sc intake hose off for a closer look and feel...there is an oily film in the whole area, but it really doesnt seem like its leaking there! I am hoping to drop'r in this w/e..run it some... and take another look....any other "likely suspect" spots to keep an eye out for?? thanks again!!

+1
    PTO Bearing, Stator and Sub stator housing gasket, front oil fill/oil pump housing gasket, oil cooler seals, not a great idea to run it till you find the leak and fix it.

14. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information