Dealer Repair Cost Question

Hey guys
    I have a pair of 2008 RXP-Xs that both just came over the 100 hr mark, so I need to get the super chargers rebuilt. Most likely I will pull the chargers myself and send them to the guy on this site that rebuilds them, seen the pictures procedure on this board and it doesn't look to crazy pulling the chargers. But, if I did drop the pair of PWCs to an authorized dealer, what would the ball park bill be?

Typical price one would expect to pay to have dealer to pull charger, rebuild and re install charger.

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PORT View Post
    Typical price one would expect to pay to have dealer to pull charger, rebuild and re install charger.

Thanks
    TOO much! Pull it and send it to Jerry. It's not hard at all and will save you probably $200-300 if I had to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PORT View Post
    Hey guys
    I have a pair of 2008 RXP-Xs that both just came over the 100 hr mark, so I need to get the super chargers rebuilt. Most likely I will pull the chargers myself and send them to the guy on this site that rebuilds them, seen the pictures procedure on this board and it doesn't look to crazy pulling the chargers. But, if I did drop the pair of PWCs to an authorized dealer, what would the ball park bill be?

Thanks
    I think my dealership said it will cost $800 to rebuilt! Its rip off! Jerry does excellent job and saves you tons of money! He ships back to you pretty quick!

$800 is a gouging. When I had mine done it was $400 at a shop for a 100 hour rebuild. Now I think it's six hundred for a 200 hour rebuild. So, it was $400 for a 100 hour rebuild but now they last 200 hours and cost $600.

+1
    Pull them and send them to Jerry, I trust no stealership at all.

Hey I was wrong. I misread the post. If it's $800 per ski that's reasonable. $800 each is a fracking.

+1
    do it yourself.. it aint rocket sience.. especcialy with the help of this forum

+1
    Local dealer here wanted around the $800 mark too. Not sure if that even included the tax etc.

Crazy but they have no competition.

Send it to Jerry. 24 hour turnaround and guaranteed it'll be done 100% right.

Going to pull the superchargers out tomorrow and send them to Jerry for rebuild on Saturday.
    What do most of you do to reset (flash) computer to get rid of the service supercharger message after you put everything back together? Something only dealer can do?

Thread Information