I finally got ONE!!! ;) RXT-260-DOO's Avatar
    +1

Electric Connection Kit

Hello all, I got a question. Does anyone with a Spark have the Electric Connection Kit installed, part no. 295100599? It is the one that is required for the depth finder to be installed. Anyway, I am installing Rule 25s-6wc bilge pumps to my Sparks. It is an automatic bilge pump and I am wanting to install a On-Off-On switch to the + side of the pump. Common will go to + side of bilge pump, one side of the switch to the battery's + side, and the other side of the switch to the Electric Connection Kit. I am hoping to make it On/Auto/Off in a sense. It will never run continually but it will either be on switched power or connected directly to the battery. Here is where I need info. I am assuming that that connection kit is only delivering power when the ski is on. Is this correct? Second question, do I need special items (pins like in the fuse box) to connect to this kit.

In the brochure I have, it states "A very convenient and safe way to add electrical accessories. Installs plug and play style to the Spark wiring harness with an easy installation and the electrical connection kit allows you to add 2 electrical accessories."

If any of you have the depth finder installed or just have the kit installed let me know what I would need to do this.

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    Last edited by RXT-260-DOO; 04-29-2014 at 06:40 AM.

+1
    Bump. Added a little more info in the body of OP...

+1
    If you connect the terminals from the battery it will always be powered. If you positve connector goes to a wiring harness or fuse box it could be running powered only. If its to the battery you run the risk of a small draw and could have a dead battery, alway check it before you leave the house. If you power it only when the ski is running and you dock it then it will never turn on if it takes in water over time. Where you are doing both seems a switch you theory should work. You will have it powered off the battery or powered off the key or off, not sure how you will get an auto out of it, the pump will only turn when there is enough water to engage the internal float switch of the pump.

Use a multi meter or test light and see if you have power when the ski is off on that connector you want to use, then put on the key don't start it yet and see if there is power, then start it. This will tell you when you have power. The connector should only power it when the key is on. If you run off the battery make sure you use a fuse in the circuit. As far as special connectors I don't know if it was not provided in the kit then probably not. Your probable just splicing wires together.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dolson View Post
    If you connect the terminals from the battery it will always be powered. If you positve connector goes to a wiring harness or fuse box it could be running powered only. If its to the battery you run the risk of a small draw and could have a dead battery, alway check it before you leave the house. If you power it only when the ski is running and you dock it then it will never turn on if it takes in water over time. Where you are doing both seems a switch you theory should work. You will have it powered off the battery or powered off the key or off, not sure how you will get an auto out of it, the pump will only turn when there is enough water to engage the internal float switch of the pump.

Use a multi meter or test light and see if you have power when the ski is off on that connector you want to use, then put on the key don't start it yet and see if there is power, then start it. This will tell you when you have power. The connector should only power it when the key is on. If you run off the battery make sure you use a fuse in the circuit. As far as special connectors I don't know if it was not provided in the kit then probably not. Your probable just splicing wires together.
    Yeah, anytime it has power it will check for water every 20 seconds. I am just wanting it to work any time the dash is powered and in a SHTF moment I can switch it on via the battery connection side of switch when ski is off.

When I figure it out, I'll post what I find, thanks for your reply.

Jeremy

Thread Information