Lost Key Programming? More?

Did a bunch of mods to ski. Had ecu reprogrammed. Installed and once key is installed there are NO beeps. The fuel pump kicks on for a second, the dash does its initialization then nothing but flashing check engine light. The programmer said that it could lose the key info. I would have thought though that I would get some different beeps or something. Does this sound logical?

+1
    That doesn't sound right to me either...If you attempt to use an incorrectly programmed key, the ski give you a warning on the lcd and a beep. You may just quickly go down the list in the manual that would cause the "check engine" light to come on. I would have thought that whoever reprogrammed the ski for you would have checked it out prior to giving it back, unless of course you did the work.

+1
    Is this ECU off of your ski or did you buy it used and have it flashed??

Original ecu. Well sort of original. The ski is an 07 RXT and was modified with all the internals from an 08 RXT-X (including the VTS, Pump, ride plate, Dash, ECU, Intercooler, even gas tank). Now that light is better and I can see dash it has a P0600 code for Can Bus issue. Will try and have new key programmed and see where it goes.... ugghh
    Last edited by viperbob; 04-28-2014 at 06:58 AM.

So took it to seadoo dealer today. They married the dash and reset the key. All is sort of good. There is still a P0600 code (does not show up on dash) internally (all pins in good shape and diagnostic port in place) and there are no beeps when you attach the key. We'll see how it goes on the water now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by viperbob View Post
    Original ecu. Well sort of original. The ski is an 07 RXT and was modified with all the internals from an 08 RXT-X (including the VTS, Pump, ride plate, Dash, ECU, Intercooler, even gas tank). Now that light is better and I can see dash it has a P0600 code for Can Bus issue. Will try and have new key programmed and see where it goes.... ugghh
    Well as you see this is why you got your issue...Thats why i was wondering if it was the original ECU...Now you throw in dash too..Next time give ALL the details and we will be able to help you better in the future...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by viperbob View Post
    Well as you see this is why you got your issue...Thats why i was wondering if it was the original ECU...Now you throw in dash too..Next time give ALL the details and we will be able to help you better in the future...Thanks
    Dont understand your logic as a "this is why you got your issue". 07 hull and all internals front to back is an 08. So what part was the logical conclusion?

+1
    the logical conclusion was you put all 08 parts into an 07 ski....if you would have stated that in your first post we could have told you right away you had to marry the system up with the BUDS or Candoo system.....this is why I asked you right away if the ECU was original....yes the ECU is original to the motor but not the ski...so in my opinion this is not the skis original ECU ...if you have a non original ECU then everything has to be reset/married...as you have seen this is why you had your problem...hopefully you had the keys checked/programmed also at that time....

Thread Information