Thread: root canal or rip out?
04-28-2014, 04:14 AM #1
root canal or rip out?
I have 24 hours to decided.
Root canal with crown?
Or rip out.
I would appreciate feedback from people who have been through this.
Bottom tooth. Half way between front and back.
04-28-2014, 04:42 AM #2
I've done it both ways. If you have teeth on each side of the bad tooth, then root canal it. It's really not too bad of a procedure, but keep in mind that a high percentage of peeps can have trouble with root canals down the road. If you rip it out then the teeth on either side can and will shift eventually causing issues down the road.
+1 for root canalling that beotch!!!
04-28-2014, 08:04 AM #3
Well for what its worth. I have had both. Root canal Then crowns very $$$$, if you have strong teeth either side of back tooth you can just remove and never worry about it. I dont' have dental ins. so that did have some bearing on my decision. My teeth did not move/shift and really don't miss the tooth. Good Luck
04-28-2014, 08:45 AM #4
04-28-2014, 08:51 AM #5
- Join Date
- Dec 2006
- Crest Hill, IL
I had to have a root done on one tooth because the nerves and root got into my sinus, and when I got a stuffed nose my teeth would ache, and I couldn't friggin EAT! So they rooted me out and filled the hole with some epoxy stuff, contoured it to match my tooth...Going on 10 years now, no issues....I suggest the root, maybe the epoxy filler instead of a crown...
Because it is a middle tooth, root it...If it was on the end, rip it out...
04-28-2014, 10:14 AM #6
You can always pull a tooth later...save it now while you have that option...says the guy who had 4 wisdom teeth and 3 molars pulled and 7 fillings last year.
04-28-2014, 10:30 AM #7
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
If this is your first, then the root canal is probably a good way to go. Like some of the others, I have had that done, it "held" for a year or two, then it went "bad" and they had to pull the tooth and then an implant, then a crown. You don't want to know how expensive and painful the whole process was. To do it all over again, knowing what I know, I would get at least two opinions from good entodontists (the guys who do root canals) to determine what percentage of success they think they have with your xrays. Sometimes the roots can show various branches where a root cannot be completely eliminated. This is where extraction/implants make the most sense. Get a well reviewed cosmetic dentist to review your case and find out if the implant route from the start is the way to go as you could be better off just going for it from the start. Mine was a front tooth so I didn't really have much in the way of options. Again, investigate the implant route as this is the ultimate solution if the tooth does not respond well to the root canal. Good luck.
04-28-2014, 04:53 PM #8
I don't know what to do.
Everyone here is in favor of RC.
The total cost of RC is $2800.00.
The crown is Half that figure.
Maybe fill with the epoxy stuff and leave crown for a while.
I don't want to rush this, I think I will cancel and book for a week to research more.
Thanks for the feed back.
04-28-2014, 05:04 PM #9
Anyways..Have you asked a dental professional about the expoxy/crown option? It doesn't sound like your tooth is in real bad condition so that may be a way to go.
04-28-2014, 06:55 PM #10
Root canal then just a filling...if and when tooth gets worse or breaks....crown.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By suparoo in forum MSX/MatrixReplies: 19Last Post: 06-09-2011, 04:09 PM
By Bent in forum Towing and TrailersReplies: 10Last Post: 07-29-2008, 12:47 AM
By Drunken Sailor in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 09-27-2007, 01:58 PM
By MikeTrin in forum Videos & PicturesReplies: 36Last Post: 04-16-2006, 04:58 PM
By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 14Last Post: 05-05-2005, 08:55 PM