Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    788
    +1
    90

    FX SVHO Ride Plate Modifcation

    Anyone have any information in regards to the plate modification service that R&D offers and how it compares to Jim's cut?

    https://www.rd-performance.com/perfo...-fx/stage1.asp
    The New R&D Yamaha SV-FX Ride Plate Modification Service has some new speed tricks added to increase overall handling performance that will add to the SV-FXs top speed performance! Testing has proven to add 1-2+ MPH over the stock 2014 SV-FX plate.


  2. #2
    badjoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Fairfield, CT
    Posts
    1,387
    +1
    122
    Not I, sorry. Seems Jim's modded SVHO plate has all the attention due to Gus's exhaustive testing. Between Jims great plate history, releasing a plate for testing and Gus's documentation its almost a no brainer.

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215298

    I'm surprised that R&D has not offered a plate for testing to a GH member. I love their engineering but its their lack of marketing some damn good products that perplexes me.





  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    788
    +1
    90
    Badjoka I think your referencing the FZ plate. I'm referencing the FX plate. Just trying to find out anyone's experience with the R&D cut on the FX plate.

  4. #4
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,136
    +1
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    Not I, sorry. Seems Jim's modded SVHO plate has all the attention due to Gus's exhaustive testing. Between Jims great plate history, releasing a plate for testing and Gus's documentation its almost a no brainer.

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215298

    I'm surprised that R&D has not offered a plate for testing to a GH member. I love their engineering but its their lack of marketing some damn good products that perplexes me.]
    Thanks. Yeah, for the FZR/FZS, from my testing, there is no better plate than the 2014 with Jim's cut.
    But he is looking for the FX which is different.

    Quote Originally Posted by nashvegas View Post
    Badjoka I think your referencing the FZ plate. I'm referencing the FX plate. Just trying to find out anyone's experience with the R&D cut on the FX plate.
    So far there is no better plate for the FX SHO than the stock plate with Jim's cut. I am gonna say that is probably true with the FX SVHO as well. I know Jim has cut the new FX SVHO plates and has had great luck with it, but I dont know the specific gains. Reach out to him.

  5. #5
    badjoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Fairfield, CT
    Posts
    1,387
    +1
    122
    Ah, your right! Nevermind

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    788
    +1
    90

    FX SVHO Ride Plate Modifcation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    Not I, sorry. Seems Jim's modded SVHO plate has all the attention due to Gus's exhaustive testing. Between Jims great plate history, releasing a plate for testing and Gus's documentation its almost a no brainer.

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215298

    I'm surprised that R&D has not offered a plate for testing to a GH member. I love their engineering but its their lack of marketing some damn good products that perplexes me.]
    Thanks. Yeah, for the FZR/FZS, from my testing, there is no better plate than the 2014 with Jim's cut.
    But he is looking for the FX which is different.

    So far there is no better plate for the FX SHO than the stock plate with Jim's cut. I am gonna say that is probably true with the FX SVHO as well. I know Jim has cut the new FX SVHO plates and has had great luck with it, but I dont know the specific gains. Reach out to him.
    I ran a Jim's cut plate on my 2012 FX. Did not get as impressive gains as I did on the 08-11 model. It's bit hard to declare one cut an undisputed winner without anyone having any knowledge on the other offering. That's what I started this thread for.

    For anyone at R&D, I would be happy to test for free.
    Last edited by nashvegas; 05-07-2014 at 09:53 PM.

  7. #7
    badjoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Fairfield, CT
    Posts
    1,387
    +1
    122
    Ha, why not go for the holy grail and request the turbo setup for testing

  8. +1 by:


  9. #8

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    788
    +1
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    Ha, why not go for the holy grail and request the turbo setup for testing
    Will go on the record stating that I will be happy to test that out for free as well

  10. #9
    badjoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Fairfield, CT
    Posts
    1,387
    +1
    122
    What a selfless guy!

  11. +1 by:


  12. #10

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    788
    +1
    90
    Bump

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS - Parts FX SVHO Ride Plate For 2012+ FX Skis
    By WP3223 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2016, 09:01 PM
  2. Will an FX SVHO ride plate fit the 2012+ FX SHO?
    By boogtonic in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 09:49 PM
  3. Shimming the FX SVHO ride plate?
    By Ski Hacks MG in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2015, 06:03 PM
  4. Riva FX SHO ride plates are now available
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 09:02 AM
  5. Riva fx sho ride plate
    By Phil.Borg in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 08:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •