What do the newer RXT-X's have/do that the older model RXT-X dosnt?

Sorry for the vague question.. Ill clarify:

Im looking at buying a ski and want to know the advantages the 2010 and newer RXT-X's have that the older ones don't. I can find 06' RXT-X's all day for 6-7k and the newer ones are here and there for a couple thousand more, are they worth the extra money? Faster? More reliable?

If it matters, this will be my first ski ever.. just moved to south florida and the roads do not curb my street bike need for speed, so I figured id give a jet ski a try. I don't want to buy one and find out I want a faster on the next weekend, so I'm going big early.

Thanks for any input!

+1
    I have both and the newer S3 hull turns 100000000000000000% percent better than the older hull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyducati View Post
    Sorry for the vague question.. Ill clarify:

Im looking at buying a ski and want to know the advantages the 2010 and newer RXT-X's have that the older ones don't. I can find 06' RXT-X's all day for 6-7k and the newer ones are here and there for a couple thousand more, are they worth the extra money? Faster? More reliable?

If it matters, this will be my first ski ever.. just moved to south florida and the roads do not curb my street bike need for speed, so I figured id give a jet ski a try. I don't want to buy one and find out I want a faster on the next weekend, so I'm going big early.

Thanks for any input!
    Newer models have the S3 hull, iBR, more HP, more modes, etc. They're also more stable, they ride better (personal preference), and they look nicer (personal preference).

The RXT-X wasn't introduced until 08. The 06 RXT is 215 hp. The RXT-X was introduced in 2008 and is 255hp- early models, 260hp- current models. Newer RXT-X model have IBR. I'm not sure what year IBR became available. 2010 maybe??

+1
    My 11 tx has 211 hrs..

Get a 11 or newer and you'll be happy!!!

+1
    2010 and newer have throttle by wire, electronic throttle body and throttle actuator, speed limiters, and a better hull design.

wow, thanks for all the reply's... Looks like the +11's have everyones vote, now I just have to find one for the right price!

+1
    The other thing not mentioned is the S3 hull is a composite material vice fiberglass, very easy to work on and is very strong. The 2010 and some 2011 pumps are bolted to the ride plate vice the transom which was not the best idea, but if maintained it works just fine. There were several problems with this design and caused BRP to go back to the transom pump mount. Having said all that, I personally wouldn't let that hold me back on a 2010 model at a good price. The 2011's where the beginning of the "leaking intercoolers". Each year has had its good and bad points!

Thread Information