Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    idoodou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    cincy,ohio
    Posts
    765
    +1
    30

    Athena/Riva stage 2 to slow ????

    so i have stage 2 Riva kit can't get over 70mph any thoughts afr's are good rpm's 8300 to 8400 but ski just get stuck at 69 to 70mph


  2. #2
    surferd15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,142
    +1
    83
    Who did the install of the parts? Look in the grate area under the ski and see what your impeller and wear ring look like. Maybe take some pics n post. How many hours on ski and how many hrs on the kit?

  3. #3
    surferd15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,142
    +1
    83
    Just thought you might have a leaky stock IC. If you take your pipe off from ic to engine see if there is water residue in it. Or run on hose rev a little, shut down. Then remove hose and look to see if water is in there. Any guys might chime in on how to test them. But Im thinking, leaky ic then wear ring/impeller area.

  4. #4
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,929
    +1
    1,407
    What are you using to record speed?

  5. #5
    J_Dolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lawrenceburg Indiana
    Posts
    254
    +1
    7
    Speeds are recorded with riva data logger .
    Ski is turning a 15/19r at 8300-8400 rpm just a wild guess but my theory is either there is a huge hull drag or the recorded gps speeds are WRONG

  6. #6
    Sayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Melbourne AUS
    Posts
    2,300
    +1
    134
    Mine was going over 70 on the stock map, stock prop @ 8250.
    On the Stage 3 map with stock SC it did 76, 15/20r @ 8250.

    you def have something not right. Have you checked the IBR backlash? The bucket hanging down would scrub some speed. Are your tabs screwed? Bent?

  7. #7
    idoodou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    cincy,ohio
    Posts
    765
    +1
    30
    saw this in logs the athena is logging atl. at 10k instead of 1k could this pull timing and fuel?

  8. #8
    idoodou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    cincy,ohio
    Posts
    765
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    Just thought you might have a leaky stock IC. If you take your pipe off from ic to engine see if there is water residue in it. Or run on hose rev a little, shut down. Then remove hose and look to see if water is in there. Any guys might chime in on how to test them. But Im thinking, leaky ic then wear ring/impeller area.
    new 08 IC no leaks, new wear ring

  9. #9
    Sayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Melbourne AUS
    Posts
    2,300
    +1
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Dolla View Post
    Speeds are recorded with riva data logger .
    Ski is turning a 15/19r at 8300-8400 rpm just a wild guess but my theory is either there is a huge hull drag or the recorded gps speeds are WRONG
    My data logger GPS has matched up to my Garmin spot on. Garmin also matched up to my Navman and car speedo. All within 2-3kph.

  10. #10
    Sayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Melbourne AUS
    Posts
    2,300
    +1
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    saw this in logs the athena is logging atl. at 10k instead of 1k could this pull timing and fuel?
    atl? ALT (altitude)? Could be worth a look. Shoot Riva an email.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Slow RXP Riva Stage 2
    By idizzy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 03:53 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 06:25 PM
  3. Up grading to Riva stage 3
    By GRNGOBLIN in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 07:53 PM
  4. RIVA Stage 1 installed! Down to 7700 RPMs. Any pointers?
    By sgaaap in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 10:56 AM
  5. Riva Stage 1 kit (how long does it take to install)
    By macattack in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •