Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1

    Ported intake manifolds

    Has anyone tried porting the SHO/SVHO intake manifold and seen results?


  2. #2
    abracadabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, FL United States of America
    Posts
    2,046
    +1
    180
    I tried a ported head/intake combo with no improvements, Julio...

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    I tried a ported head/intake combo with no improvements, Julio...
    On a Reflash or tunable ecu?

  5. #4
    Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Old Hickory,Tn
    Posts
    5,446
    +1
    650
    When you start building a higher HP ski is where this would shine, probably wont do much for a stage 1 or 2 ski.....

  6. +1 by:


  7. #5

    Ported intake manifolds

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    When you start building a higher HP ski is where this would shine, probably wont do much for a stage 1 or 2 ski.....
    Well it has to do a lot with the flow of air too. Alot of the cars I've tuned pick up an easy 10-15hp with ported Intake manifolds across the powerband. And that's on NA 4cyl 2.0 motors.

    The inside of the manifold is completely smoothed down and runner entry is opened up larger to form a velocity stack effect.

    Rossnemos ported throttle body shows gains and the bore is the same.

  8. +1 by:


  9. #6
    abracadabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, FL United States of America
    Posts
    2,046
    +1
    180
    On a 2009 VIPEC FZS on the dyno.

    N/A motors will pick up horsepower, supercharged/Turbo engines on the other hand makes no difference, Julio...

  10. +1 by:


  11. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Siesta Key, Fl
    Posts
    1,066
    +1
    155
    on engines with boost its not worth it as the air is being force fed to the engine. On NA motors where its vacuum pulling in the air it can help.

  12. #8
    What!!!!look at this ninja modding going Down wow

  13. #9
    HydroFool GPRSHO thomaswester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    FINLAND (oravais)
    Posts
    487
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    On a 2009 VIPEC FZS on the dyno.

    N/A motors will pick up horsepower, supercharged/Turbo engines on the other hand makes no difference, Julio...
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    on engines with boost its not worth it as the air is being force fed to the engine. On NA motors where its vacuum pulling in the air it can help.
    Of course it will pick up torque and hp with turbo/supercharger to.
    Okay i can understand you if you have a bad porter to do your job on the head?
    Most home workers going in the head with a dremel and have no ide what the do!!
    (holy shit what i have seen there the worst terror attack ever)
    The key is a good flow bench and many spare heads and a lot of time!
    Thanks
    Thomas Wester
    Last edited by thomaswester; 05-01-2014 at 02:40 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

  14. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Siesta Key, Fl
    Posts
    1,066
    +1
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaswester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    On a 2009 VIPEC FZS on the dyno.

    N/A motors will pick up horsepower, supercharged/Turbo engines on the other hand makes no difference, Julio...
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    on engines with boost its not worth it as the air is being force fed to the engine. On NA motors where its vacuum pulling in the air it can help.
    Of course it will pick up torque and hp with turbo/supercharger to.
    Okay i can understand you if you have a bad porter to do your job on the head?
    Most home workers going in the head with a dremel and have no ide what the do!!
    (holy shit what i have seen there the worst terror attack ever)
    The key is a good flow bench and many spare heads and a lot of time!
    Thanks
    Thomas Wester
    Was not talking about heads, was talking about the intake manifolds. Yes heads when done properly can net some good gains but you need to know what you are doing and it is an expensive mod. Most head work in the auto world is now mapped to 5 axis CNC machines (for repeated results) and when possible includes larger valves.

    Its not just about hogging out the intake and exhaust but getting the perfect flow to maximize combustion at the same time as maximizing flow.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. V-Force intake manifold gaskets
    By Pistonwash in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 02:55 PM
  2. 1300 gpr boost intake manifold
    By rossnemo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 11:07 PM
  3. RXP Intake Manifold
    By HOSS in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 10:19 PM
  4. Concerning intake manifolds
    By Pistonwash in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 10:15 PM
  5. Intake manifold? Throttle body?
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 11:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •