Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sorry, last pitch question!

I'm running fairly stock, see sig, with stock prop, but wanna know what would happen if I put in my Solas 15/21a now (before I buy a tune)?

Currently I'm turning 8040 (on the stock limiter) and 64mph.

What's the prediction if I swap prop now?

Don't wanna drag pump off, find new prop too steep and have to pull pump again. Really tired of the IBR bucket fun!!

thought????

+1
    You will lose hole shot,acceleration and top speed by putting a bigger prop in without mods to support it...

3. +1 by:

Hummnn...

So if I scrape enough cash together to buy the Vtech and run 8375 tune, do you think in the short term it would be safe to NOT have a RRFPR ensuring 58psi, or an o2 sensor and logger?

Is it a risk or is it fairly safe at this low level of mods, until I can afford the other bits?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Hummnn...

So if I scrape enough cash together to buy the Vtech and run 8375 tune, do you think in the short term it would be safe to NOT have a RRFPR ensuring 58psi, or an o2 sensor and logger?

Is it a risk or is it fairly safe at this low level of mods, until I can afford the other bits?
    I wouldn't do that... Stock regulator is bad... And if your not monitoring your afr... How you know if your too lean or too rich... That's not good at all...

+1
    I would install the R&D grate first. Get your financial situation set and do the supporting performance mods correctly the first time, don't try to cut corners.

Know you guys are right, guess I was hoping for a short cut!!

Have R&D grate on way from Jerry, so I'll get that on. Do you guys silicon just the rear part of the grate onto the ride plate or all the way round?

Do you use blue loctite or just rely on correct torque settings?

+1
    I would try the prop as you are not speed limited at this point and your impeller-- 15/21 maybe on the small side. Your ski may pick up a 2-3 mph and still be on the 8040 rev limit.

In short, you would be hoping that your 15/21 is steeper than your stocker, but not so much as to drag your rpm down much below 8040-- if you can turn it 8020-8040, your ski COULD be quicker and faster than your current stock setup.

+1
    No silicone or Right Stuff required, just use Blue Loctite 242 for oily environments on all bolts on the ski, and torque per the shop manual.

If you don't have the shop manual get one. Www.brpmanuals.com

Thanks. Have shop manual.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Hummnn...

You won't be the only one running a 8375 tune with no RRFPR if you went that route.

Talk to Vtech and see what they say. My understanding of it is RRFPR and data logger is always going to help to make sure your getting the most out of the tune and safest. As the RPM's climb beyond the 8375 it becomes even more important and really anything over that should have the supporting mods(ie RRFPR, injectors, data logger). Personally 8375 tune without RRFPR chances are you'll be just fine. Run the tune and it will push the bigger prop just fine. You should have a good chance of hitting 69-71 depending on the conditions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information