Ribbon delete SHO FZR

I just purchased the ribbon delete for my ski. It is dead stock and not planning on doimg much bedsides free flow and hks bov. Does the prop have to repitched after the ribbon delete? And should i expect any major gains from this little mod?
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by eddyfzr350 View Post
    I just purchased the ribbon delete for my ski. It is dead stock and not planning on doimg much bedsides free flow and hks bov. Does the prop have to repitched after the ribbon delete? And should i expect any major gains from this little mod?
    Thanks guys
    Nope prop doesn't need to be pitched and it's one of the best mods you can do. Gains all around.

I did a search and disnt find anything about gains.

Thanks, was worried about being on the limiter.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    It's a good mod as far as it will help the engine breath better. It's more noticable with the stock air box replaced with a good intake kit. Look into Tommy Jordan's Freeflow exhaust also.
    It's best to get an aftermarket tach so you can see exactly where your RPMs are. That will be the best way to know if you need to repitch your prop.

6. +1 by:

Sorry for bringing back an old thread but I'm looking at doing this on my fzs. Do you have to buy a part for the ribbon delete or just remove a part out of the stock intake track?

as for intakes, can you just use a pod filter replacement? Or does it have to be a whole system? Any issues with safety of the machine with this mod?

I put a 31/22R prop, intake grate, and ribbon delete from Riva and my 2013 FZR Sho hit 75mph on dream-o meter. I have an intake to put on next and am considering a tune.

+1
    I would put in the ribbon delete sleeve especially with yours being supercharged. There is a small step in the intake where the ribbon fits and the sleeve mates to this step so you have smooth flow from the throttle valve into the intake. It's not a have to but it's pretty cheap to keep clean airflow. The power filter works well and you can also remove the crankcase breather from the filter if you want but you will need a small breather filter on the crankcase hose.

Thread Information