Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

The Spark, Errrrmrrrgawd!

So last night I am laying in bed watching TV and a commercial for the Spark came on, it was 2am. I was like babe, I am going downstairs to the office to do a little more research on this. Well it was 5:30 am before I went back to bed, screwed my whole day and missed an appointment I had for my truck lol.

I am very excited about this new machine, I own a 96 XP super stock and a 95 XP. I LOVE my 96, and nothing will ever replace it. The way it accelerates, turns, jumps, and sounds. However, I don't do most of the work on the machines, they are a beast reaching around in there to do anything, and mechanic work isn't my favorite thing to do. The spark however looks like a breeze to work on, you can actually reach and see everything.

I am very pleased to see aftermarket parts are already coming out. The first thing that scared me over all top end, even though I am more of an acceleration guy. After seeing the turbo and tuning being offered it gave me faith that soon or a few years from now this will all be sorted out, and I can get a 65mph+ machine. 65mph would be all the top end I would need.

Second thing that scared me was obviously the cheap manufacturing or mainly the plastic haul. However after reading some success stories here with insurance, I feel I may be able to feel more comfortable buying it. I have never insured my machines, and am not familiar with the cost and details of PWC insurance. Do you guys with insurance just pay for the riding season? Rough estimate how much is it per month/year? Not to worried about myself but their are a lot of idiots out there.

I have been holding back on buying a new ski for some time, nothing appealed to me. The RXPs look awesome, have crazy top end and horsepower, but imo they are to damn heavy to do what I like to do. Also, I have always favored a 2 stroke engine. My dealership always ask when I am going to buy a new one because they know how much I have spent maintaining my current machines. I just smile and tell them yeah, but none are like my 96 XP.

One question I am asking myself while typing this, is why, oh why couldn't they have made a fiberglass top grade machine that was light and small but mimicked the 96xp. One without the cost conscious consumer in mind. I am glad to see something similar to the old school as far as weight and handling is concerned, and hope this is the beginning of something great for them and the whole industry. Nothing will serve us better then the competition being "Sparked" by this revisited class.

So as you can tell I am heavily weighing in on the Spark. The thought of selling my 95 xp is crossing my mind heavily, even though it has been a tank for the 6 years I have owned it. I have to wonder though, if I go out and buy a 2 up 90hp Spark, what is to come next year? Hopefully Sea Doo really builds on top of this platform.

So, in conclusion, being decided while I am typing this, I am going to go look at the Sparks and most likely will be leaving with one in tow. I hope it can give me the feel and excitement my 96 XP gives me or it might spend a lot of time at the shore. For the cost I could just build myself another super stock xp all new and restored, but the maint. would still be a beast.

Any superstock XP guys who own sparks care to comment?

+1
    Nice write up.

Ins for me in Massachusetts with high limits is about $228 a year from gieco same options with progressive is 380 but progressive has had good rating on here and no one mentioned a gieco claim yet. You have to pay for the year. But it's cheap enough. Gieco even offers winter insurance if something freezes and breaks. I am Going from a 96 spx which I love to the spark. I don't have it yet but I know I will not be disappointed.

+1
    Thanks for the rough idea on insurance, that is very affordable, no reason not to. Enjoy the Spark, looks like it is converting a lot of us!

+1
    I had a 97XP and it was crap always braking some thing use heaps of fuel

Next a Honda 4 stroke was great first 4 stroke so reliable but after 500hrs needed a few repairs.

Gone to a Spark 2up with Vtec tune love it you will to you can throw it round with ease

5. +1 by:

The spark is a modified x4 hull that is comparable to the 95 xp with more bottom end

+1
    Depending on where n Michigan you are, the Spark Some Fun demo tour is coming to Mi later this spring, early summer...

Check out tryaseadoo.com for the location and date that might be near you!!!!

+1
    This will be my 14th Sea Doo- Favorite were the 95 XP-L 800 and 98 XP-L Hyperbolic hull which broke 2 years ago and then the RXT-X became BORING?
    Can,t wait for my Spark- The Big Difference seems to be the Front suppresses Most of the waves But its 7-8 MPH slower?
    I look at it as a Step toward going "Green?"

+1
    I raced a super stock XP 785 for 10 years and own a 82+ mph rxtx S3 ..

I have more fun on my Spark and race a Spark now , the Spark is better than the XP 800 hands down ... Buy one and u will sell your XP ...

+1
    Hey fellas i pay $140.00 a boating season fully covered!! Progressive insurance!! MY SKI IS A 2012 RXP-X260 WITH A STAGE 2 KIT IN IT!!

+1
    Xdrian- Great to hear!

Wire4money- Thanks, that is kind of how I seen it, with it's low top end.

Tiny- I did see that, end of June in Grand rapids, only an hour away. I am not sure if I will make it that long before I have one. I tossed the idea ta the gf today, and she seen the glimmer in my eye. Trouble to come lol.

Sarge- My gf hates how the 95 splashes her eyes in the rough. I know a splash guard would have been a good upgrade it just never happened. She spends most her time on the beach until I need a tow or a spot for some extra crazy shit. Personally I like getting wet, but sometimes you just can't even see.

Slasher- that makes me tingle inside. I have this everlasting love thing going on for the 96xp and the thought of liking something more is outrageous. That is exactly the kind of shit I need to hear. I am hoping to track some down tomorrow to get up close and personal with, window shop....How fast do you got yours going? What have you done for hole shot/acceleration. I don't race but I like a NICE pull for jumping. Any after market parts recommendations?

All I can keep thinking about is how I want one, but damn if they come out with a better model next year I will want that one. Also, I wish they would have made a green one....

Is everything the EXACT same on the 2up 60 and 2up 90 except the electronic programming? Is it cheaper to buy the 60 and upgrade the programming?

I am thinking I will skip the brake system, never needed one before, unless it is going to make me faster, turn tighter, or jump higher I don't want it. I can't for all the aftermarket stuff to be released!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information