Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PWC lift remote control?

Hey guys, been lurking around the forum for awhile and just had a quick question. Recently purchased a 2013 RXT-X 260 for the lake house and it sits on a lift when not in use. Only problem is its basically a two person job loading and unloading the ski on the lift because of how far the switch is from the water. I was quoted by the guy who installed the lift that it would cost me about $650 to add a lift remote to the system which seemed a little high to me. Anybody got any products or ideas for a more cost efficient option to add a remote (or easier way to control the lift) to the system? Just wondering what other people use, any help is appreciated!

+1

+1
    it surely could not be that hard to make one up... can you take a picture of the one at the lake house and post it up?

easiest way is to perhaps wire it to the existing buttons. but need to work out how much power is on there??

I have done a few boat lifts which use a wireless remote control and the receiver is basically hooked up to the lift controls and the owners use a up down button on remotes to adjust the lift..

costs around $300 AUD for 2 remotes and the box with relays. its uses a code hopping signal as well so cannot be copied.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(1).JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	159.1 KB 
ID:	328051

Heres a quick pic of the ski on the lift. As you can see when the ski is lowered into the water you are too far to reach the on/off switch so it can be a little tricky.

We had our switch installed on a.....cord? When the ski hits the water you still have the control box in your hand...turn off the lift and set controls on the pier. Tie the ski to the floater...go back and raise the lift and secure the switch. But...are you sure you can't tie a line to your ski...stay on the pier. lower ski into water...push ski away..tie off then secure the lift. How high do you have that thing outa the water?

+1
    First off, I thank you for the link to the HF remote. Going to add that to my Floe lift.

As for the ski lift, if you control is only 3 wire how about picking up one of those curly coiled extension cords and replace your cord with that? Run it out on a spring pole that you can reach up and grab the control from.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Doo View Post
    First off, I thank you for the link to the HF remote. Going to add that to my Floe lift.

As for the ski lift, if you control is only 3 wire how about picking up one of those curly coiled extension cords and replace your cord with that? Run it out on a spring pole that you can reach up and grab the control from.
    Be very careful with any modifications to a lift control which carries full AC voltage in the handheld piece and you may be holding it while you are in or on the water. Electrocution is a real thing.

+1
    most of the ones i have seen are mains powered, hence why I went wireless, and u can just float away once in water
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Doo View Post

Be very careful with any modifications to a lift control which carries full AC voltage in the handheld piece and you may be holding it while you are in or on the water. Electrocution is a real thing.

+1
    No don't use if it's 110V. I was only talking about 12 or 24 V systems. The coiled cord was just for the wire to make a low voltage switch extension.

Here in Minnesota we don't have permanent docking so I never thought about line voltage installations.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Would think code requires everything run through a GFCI....ours is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information