Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

creature comforts

what do you take with you that for you makes your time on the water that much more enjoyable.

im not talking gloves, goggles things like that but anything out of the ordinary?

+1
    Do you mean on the ski or what I bring with me to have on the shore spot I set up on?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Do you mean on the ski or what I bring with me to have on the shore spot I set up on?
    either.. whatever makes your time on the water that much better.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    what do you take with you that for you makes your time on the water that much more enjoyable.

... anything out of the ordinary?
    M447

+1
    I always set up a shore "camp" since there is two of us and only one ski...if the lake is too full and there's no shore...we don't go to that lake. It seems lake Pleasant is low in the Winter and Bartlett is low in the Summer so it works out between those two lakes.

Anyways...I set up an easy up shade structure...the sun is a dick and is trying to kill us all. Folding chairs, cooler with lots of water and a gallon jug of Arizona ice tea. A sub sandwich from the supermarket deli area. A box of ritz mini cheese or peanutbutter crackers for me and another bag or two of oter random chip or popcorn for the wife. A small folding table and a plastic tarp to clip to the sides of the easy up so it actually provides shade...and oh...did I mention water and lots of it?

It's pretty much just like tailgating but in the dirt at a lake...A little something like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1992_zps4ee48959.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	318.6 KB 
ID:	328021

On the ski I take with me a bottle of water, a boonie hat and have them both in the glovebox. The hat is for just in case I break down or have to tow somebody else and spend more time out on the water and in the sun than I planned on. One time I had to tow my brother a loooong way at slow speeds and of course it took forever and just the bandanna I always wear did not cut it for that long on the water and I ended up with a burned scalp...man oh man...never again.

Since then I have gotten a UV proof bandanna and also wear another regular skullcap type bandanna over that and try to keep both wet and like I said...I now always stuff a boonie hat in the glovebox to put on if and when needed.

That's one thing I am going to have to check on the Spark...the storage box is in the front and I will need to see how easy it is to get water out of it while on the water.

+1
    i miss that... having everything at the shore.

back when i raced we would have buoy practice at Mud Cove on Lake Travis every Sunday. Someone had a portable pit and always plenty of shade to be found. Hit the course for a while, relax for a while. riding Lake Austin you dont have that luxury. yeah there are places you can hop off and swim but no where to just chill.

I swear if we ever move out of the Austin area, one of the things that will dictate where is the lakes and the ability to do exactly what you described Q.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    my CC so I can keep filling the tank so I can ride more... it goes in my zippered pocket in my shortie.; oh, and a bottle, or two, of water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    my CC so I can keep filling the tank so I can ride more... it goes in my zippered pocket in my shortie.; oh, and a bottle, or two, of water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    i miss that... having everything at the shore.

back when i raced we would have buoy practice at Mud Cove on Lake Travis every Sunday. Someone had a portable pit and always plenty of shade to be found. Hit the course for a while, relax for a while. riding Lake Austin you dont have that luxury. yeah there are places you can hop off and swim but no where to just chill.

I swear if we ever move out of the Austin area, one of the things that will dictate where is the lakes and the ability to do exactly what you described Q.
    Hell yeah! I don't know how people do it any other way. I can't comprehend going to the dock, docking, leaving the ski tied up there and walking back to the friggin vehicle to get water and have no shade in between runs. No way can that really happen here with the kind of heat and sun we have...at least I would never even consider it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Hell yeah! I don't know how people do it any other way. I can't comprehend going to the dock, docking, leaving the ski tied up there and walking back to the friggin vehicle to get water and have no shade in between runs. No way can that really happen here with the kind of heat and sun we have...at least I would never even consider it.
    thats why i keep what i think i will need on the ski but its no where near like it was before. hell at the cove we would just leave trailers backed in (unplugged the lights of course) so we have a place to put the skis when taking a break. the shore was a little to rocky to have the ski sitting there.

i couldnt do that with this icatch trailer. hell i need to trade someone.. LOL my icatch for their normal trailer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information