+1

A great mechanic in Central NJ - recommendation

Not sure if any of you guys ever need a great mechanic, but I've used Jeff at Jersey Coast Mobile Marine for the last 2 years. He is the most honest & best priced mechanic I've come across in central NJ. I don't personally know him, originally found him on google, but it was the best decision I made. If anyone needs work on their boats or ski's I'd highly recommend the guy, he also does house calls. http://www.jerseycoastmobilemarine.com/

I don't usually go out of my way to give anyone recommendations, but this guy knows his stuff & does not overcharge like half these mechanics I know if in central NJ.

+1
    Nice to know

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    Out of curiosity what made you not use the several mechanics in your area that I've heard good things about? R Rated or Lacey?

+1
    Rather not get involved with fighting people over the internet... removing these posts.
    Last edited by ryffryda; 05-07-2014 at 07:58 AM.

+1
    I only been to Lacey Powersports once to get my new mid shaft assembly pressed together and my experience was positive. Chris was a nice guy and took the time to BS with me and one of his kids showed me some of their personal skis. I'm pretty sure I got hooked up on the price so I don't know what it would have normally cost. I wouldn't be afraid to go back if I needed something if couldn't do the job because I didn't have the tools.

That said, 2 strokes are relatively simple to work on on your own and you save a lot of money in the long run. I was apprehensive at first 4 years ago about working my GPR when I first got it but not any more. You can find all the help and information you need right here. I just spent 2 years on and off working on my ski and I finally got it back together, running and water tested and I already want to rip it apart and punch it out to 1300 and get it ported and I only have 16 hours on a complete rebuild.

New hydro turf mats are going on this weekend, did all the prep today.
    Last edited by Almost; 05-04-2014 at 12:01 PM.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Just responding to your post about our $1500 carb rebuild ? The person that would have told us the price to charge you if that is true , Would have been Jeff owner of the Jersey Coast Mobil that worked for us ? The person that you are now supporting ? Please don't say bad things about us to help him out . Please send me your info so I can look up your $1500 estimate and see what was needed ? Did you laugh at Rudy or max ? thanks please let us know to better help our customers . Hope to see ya out rinding , Have a good summer

+1
    I've been to R Rated and I've seen there prices for oil changes and winterizing, I've thought they are more then fair. I've seen the shop, it's not a hole in the wall or a backyard junkyard. It's an actual clean shop with A LOT of experience machinery and tools. Are they the cheapest? No. Do they work out of a van in a backyard, NO. If you want Joe smo working on your ski for 1/2 the price that's fine, I did it for years in my backyard, BUT I had 0 overhead, no rent, no insurance, no specialty machines, ect. I happen to think I'm a honest person but I know guys and have heard all the horror stories about the backyard mechanics that had no idea what they where doing and screwed up there machines. I know because I usually wound up fixing those machines after the mechanics wouldent answer there phones when the customers ski does not work. All that you have to take in account when you choose a shop or backyard mechanic. Yes 1500 is insane for a carb rebuild (I would do it for 600) most shops would charge 900-1200 so I'm sure there is an explanation for it or maybe that's why that guy is no longer with them. All I can say is shop around and you will see there prices are competive with everyone else, but me personally I would want a shop that specializes in Jetskies to work on my jetski, not your local mercrusier boat dealer or evinrude outboard marina that say they CAN work on Jetskies.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Does he do hull repair? My GPR needs a crack fixed.

+1
    Rather not fight with people over the internet removing these posts....
    Last edited by ryffryda; 05-07-2014 at 07:59 AM.

+1
    Rather not fight with people over the internet removing these posts....
    Last edited by ryffryda; 05-07-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Thread Information