Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    28

    Two props, which one to re pitch.

    2007 rxp 215. ET 127, 42 injectors, fizzle 4 inch, rear exit exhaust. I bought the solas 15/20 with intent of going to an external ic at some point. For now I'm sticking with the stock ic. Ran it today and I'm turning about 7750 with the 15/20. Should I have the solas re pitched or should I pitch the stock prop to get me to 8100 rpm?

    Edit: "stock prop" is actually a skat 10/21 4 blade. Which was installed by previous owner as a replacement after the original prop was damaged.
    Last edited by Jonrusso89; 05-01-2014 at 08:35 PM.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,833
    +1
    119
    put the stocker back in and smile with the 3 mph gain.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    put the stocker back in and smile with the 3 mph gain.
    Well the stocker is hitting 8200 rpms, likely on the limiter. Wicked acceleration though. Which is why I'm leaning towards adding some pitch to the stocker until I pick up the ext ic.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonrusso89 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    put the stocker back in and smile with the 3 mph gain.
    Well the stocker is hitting 8200 rpms, likely on the limiter. Wicked acceleration though. Which is why I'm leaning towards adding some pitch to the stocker until I pick up the ext ic.
    What kinda speeds are you seeing with that 10/21?...'cause you're all over the limiter. Reason I ask... oem spec for that ski is...13/18...I think. also didn't know skat made a 4blade.

    Anyhow.....my bet...w/o an exic...you'll want a 14/19 tweeked to suit.

  5. #5
    surferd15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,142
    +1
    83
    Add some pitch to that. I switched to an external IC and ditched the stock on, running a stock 215 charger and holy sh*t this thing pulls hard!!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    28
    I forgot to grab the GPS before I left today, so I do not know what speed is yet. I did not know a skat 4 blade existed either until I looked through the repair/ service receipts the previous owner gave me along with ski. I searched online and found it. Not sure how it compares to the 13/18 though. Does anyone else have experience with this prop or this set up?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    Add some pitch to that. I switched to an external IC and ditched the stock on, running a stock 215 charger and holy sh*t this thing pulls hard!!


    Yeah, I think I'm going to add some pitch to the 10/21. That way once I switch to the ext ic I'm banking that the untouched 15/20r should put me in the sweet spot. Now the only question is to bend it my self or send it out...?

  8. #8
    RXPJAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Posts
    847
    +1
    93
    Pitch it yourself. It's easy. Just a pita to take it on and off a few times to get it right, but, it will save you some $$$. You will still have to tweek a 15/20 with the 127 and an ex ic. I was on the limiter hard with my set up. Pulled the prop 3 times to get it down to 8150rpm in the spring weather.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPJAY View Post
    Pitch it yourself. It's easy. Just a pita to take it on and off a few times to get it right, but, it will save you some $$$. You will still have to tweek a 15/20 with the 127 and an ex ic. I was on the limiter hard with my set up. Pulled the prop 3 times to get it down to 8150rpm in the spring weather.
    yeah I'm going to pitch it my self, I've done it before on older skis. What IC did you run with the 127 on your set up?

  10. #10
    RXPJAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Posts
    847
    +1
    93
    Fizzle HE IC. Awesome IC! I've done everything possible to get this thing to 80 on the stock ecu. Will know some numbers by months end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Making a hitch reciever jig to re-pitch my prop and I have a couple questions.
    By Baja FZS in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2015, 07:18 PM
  2. Which one to haul 20 hours?
    By pe4me in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2008, 12:48 PM
  3. When to re-pitch?
    By Yellow93 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 09:53 PM
  4. 2005 gp1300 vs 2006 gp1300 which one to buy?
    By TDSTYG in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 02:15 PM
  5. RXP / RXT air filter. Which one to use?
    By RXPBeast in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 04:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •