+1
    I don't know that is a pretty important part to be taking chances on. Seadoo OEM is only about $60. Not sure I'd risk it for saving $35 to $40.

I won't just assume plastic is plastic. It's much more complex then that. At least you know Seadoo's wear ring is tested and proves to have a decent life span. The other one who knows. It might last a quarter of the life span of the Seadoo. I guess you could always call the number and see what is up about it.

+1
    That looks nothing like the OEM Seadoo wear ring I got put in recently. Totally different color...but maybe that's because it's for older models...I don't know man...like skylolow said...not that much of a price difference to be risking it on this part.

If it was me I would go stainless steel anyways...something I really wish I had done when I had mine replaced.

+1
    I did 312 hours on the same OEM wear ring and sold the ski before it needed to be changed. Go OEM, lolz!

+1
    I purchased some SBT 159 mm wear rings to try and save some money. The OD is fine and the material seems to be fine, but the ID of the wear ring itself is cut too large making for excessive gap and ultimately cavitation on take off. I do not know why SBT made them this way as that is a machined surface-- screw up on their part. Hopefully they fix this as $25 for a wear ring would be nice, but they must work like what they are trying to replace...

The 155s for the 4 strokes and 2 strokes also have too much clearance-- Hopefully SBT reads this and FIXES their mistakes. I can make the 4 stroke 155s work in the 2 strokes, but I need to cut their height down in a lathe-- what a waste of time.

I bought one and installed it on my 2005 GTX non S.C. And it hits the same speeds as with the original. No hesitation out of the hole. Seems like a decent product.

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    I purchased some SBT 159 mm wear rings to try and save some money. The OD is fine and the material seems to be fine, but the ID of the wear ring itself is cut too large making for excessive gap and ultimately cavitation on take off. I do not know why SBT made them this way as that is a machined surface-- screw up on their part. Hopefully they fix this as $25 for a wear ring would be nice, but they must work like what they are trying to replace...

The 155s for the 4 strokes and 2 strokes also have too much clearance-- Hopefully SBT reads this and FIXES their mistakes. I can make the 4 stroke 155s work in the 2 strokes, but I need to cut their height down in a lathe-- what a waste of time.
    This is incorrect. The SBT wear rings are designed to have the same clearance as the OE. If you have one that is not, please call us. 877-330-0231.
    Thanks,
    Jeremy

Thread Information