Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

13 Rxt-X Speaker project

I wanted to add something subtle and low amperage and something I could return to stock if needed. After pondering I had a few ideas and went for it. The items I used are kicker pxi50.2 which draws around 4-5 amps continuously under full power and kicker 5.25 powersports @ 2ohms.

The Products

Kicker PXI50.2
    Kicker 5.25 powersports (2 ohm)

Marine wiring and one speaker:

My panel/mounting board. I cut a piece that I could marine epoxy to the hull and I added holes for zip ties for wire maintience.

mock fit:

Power wires used marine connectors and heat shrinked

switch: this is the bilge switch but it is next to the radio switch as well. Marine switch and connectors:

I mounted it in the front hull by the intake area but clear of anything else, this picture is not the completed product I have to change out the screws for stainless and I need to heatshrink another connector so I cant really tiddy up all my wiring yet

now for the speaker placement: I hacked up a $35 golvebox in which I can buy and replace if needed:

The kicker control panel doesnt sit as flush as I would like due to the curvature of the glovebox lid. Also I did have to bend and finess the speaker frames to fit flush and being impatient I scared the edges up a little.

my aux and ipod connections heat shrinked

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS:

Sound is great until about 40ish mph standing up and about 45-50 mph sitting down. Overall I wish it was about a 100.2. Thats just me wanting more though!
    Its nice to have some jams on the water and alot of people have been asking about it on the beaches and whatnot.

+1
    Would you get the Kicker 100.2 next time? Do you think I could hear that over 40, and are those are the 5 1/4 speakers right, any fitment issues. Do you have it hooked to the main battery? How do you like the speakers mounted there and do you use that glove box a lot?

You have to piggy back the 100.2 so I would not get it if I did it over.

5 1/4s no fitment issues.

Hooked to main battery have played 30-40 minutes with the ski off just fine.

I use the glovebox often! The speakers are lights and not bulky!

+1
    Sweet I guess the TX has a bigger glove box lid compared to the PX looks like they can only get 4". I'm going to Run the 100.2 with your same speakers, I'm going to put Bluetooth and /or a 3.5mm hooked right up to the amp. no Controls just on/off rest will be off the phone. DO you think you Id be able to hear that 100.2 at WOT

You have to use the 50.2 for the iPod/aux controller.

And bs from my experience in other boats a 100.2 will not be able to be heard at 70.

7. +1 by:

+1
    I Finally installed my PS5250 2 Ohm Speakers and the Kicker PX100.2 2 ohm amp. I have the amp hooked to a Bluetooth receiverhttp://www.amazon.com/HomeSpot-NFC-E...eiver+homespot
    I can hear this up to 70 sitting down Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140624_172608.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	333880

Also let it play 90+ minutes and started the Ski 2-3 short times on the trailer, and it still fired right up when I went back to the river

I swapped mine to the BT model and it's much louder. Where did you mount the controller

+1
    The Px 100.2 Has no buttons or anything, I have that Bluetooth receiver zip tied to a wiring harness under the gages it weighs about 2 ounces.

I have a power switch under the glove box lid but off to the side not in the box but still covered Ill try and get a pic, So the Vol and everything is controlled from my phone

Ah ok. I see what you did there. I didn't know the 100.2 would work without the pxi unit.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information