Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shredmaster Ride Plate

Installing a shredmaster on my ultra 150 and had a question.... Should I reuse the rubber eye glass seal with silicone? Or no eye glass seal and just straight silicone?.... Or just reuse the rubber seal an no silicone? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rubber eye glass with silicon on top and bottom

Perfect..... Thank you sir

Don't pee in my Pool 150ofUltra's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RideplateAfter.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	328204
    The red is the area where you need the silicone. And as he said above. I put silicone on the eyeglass seal, then stick it on. Then silicone the plate, bolt it on but not tight. Just smash the silicone to form I try to let the silicone set up for 10 mins or so. Then I take out each bolt one at a time and locktite them. Then torque them down. You might not have to do all of that but I had some seal problems at one point so I go out of my way to make sure it seals. I use about half of the small tube of GE 2 silicone. Never had a bad seal since doing it this way. Just my 2˘

Quote Originally Posted by 150ofUltra View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RideplateAfter.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	328204
    The red is the area where you need the silicone. And as he said above. I put silicone on the eyeglass seal, then stick it on. Then silicone the plate, bolt it on but not tight. Just smash the silicone to form I try to let the silicone set up for 10 mins or so. Then I take out each bolt one at a time and locktite them. Then torque them down. You might not have to do all of that but I had some seal problems at one point so I go out of my way to make sure it seals. I use about half of the small tube of GE 2 silicone. Never had a bad seal since doing it this way. Just my 2˘
    Thank you as well, I saw that image on SkiWorx old web page.... Just had me a little confused because that was a stock ride plate in the image... Needed clarification on if that was used with the eye glass seal..... Thanks for the info

+1
    Hey bnelson where'd you pick up that shreadmaster?

Got lucky and snagged it off eBay a couple months or so back

+1
    I ordered mine a year and half ago from their website, took about 12 weeks to get it. Worth the money to have it and the sponsons!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wakejunkie View Post
    I ordered mine a year and half ago from their website, took about 12 weeks to get it. Worth the money to have it and the sponsons!
    Same here WakeJunkie... was really disappointed at how long it freaking took to get it... one thing after another as far as excuses. Almost didn't have it for a trip to Key Largo back in December, but threatened cancelling and received the next week. Probably more like 14 weeks for me...

But performance is outstanding with this ride plate. I did a ton of other stuff to this ski, including the stinger mod, waterbox mod, R&D intake and a set of 96 CDK II carbs, but the porpoising is gone and she holds a straight line at speed much better... I haven't done sponsons, but may make my own set like I did for my XP and GTi out of 1/2" plexiglass...

+1
    I have a question ... do you use silcon on your ride plate & loc-tite ? How do you remove it ? I mean I am always removing mine to change out prop or make angle adjustments. :0

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information