Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Just bought a 2009 Yamaha FZR

hey all,

so been looking for newer ski and finally found a 2009 Yamaha FZR with 22.3HRS for $7500.00 with 2014 Shorelandr Trailer, good deal i think. What I wanted to see is for those who ride FZRs what your recommendation is for maintenance, oil, spark plugs, winterizing and summerizing the ski properly as I live in Chicago? I currently own a XLT 1200 so i am good with it mechanically but this is a different beast. I am looking at few mods nothing too much, new ride plate and intake grate, seat cover and then slowly add on over time. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140501_160847_315.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	328143

Thanks in advance

Arslan D.

Congrats on you new ski! She is a beast! Swap that stock intake grate to RD Intake soon as possible! There's a bucking issues with this models!!

+1
    22 hours in 5 years...
    no comment!
    good deal.
    I hope it has been winterized when not used for long time.

+1
    Congrats, you picked a winner. That's a badazz ski, and you're barely broken in at 22 hours so very little maintenance required; just swap out the intake grate for safety as mentioned and you're good to go.

I suggest the R&D Aquavein; we have over 500 hours of riding on this product with no bucking ever, you can get it from Jerry's store here, might be a coupon available:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1120

Beyond that, just change oil and filter every 50 hours or 12 months. At 200 hrs you're supposed to have valve clearance checked.

Since it's been sitting for a while you might want to go ahead and put fresh oil and plugs in, but just don't overfill the oil that is a really common error. Hopefully your battery is okay, but that's no big deal you can get a decent Duralast AGM at Autozone for under $100. Overall the Yamahas are not finicky about maintenance and very durable in my experience:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189782

When you get the itch for more speed they respond VERY well to mods on up to 80 mph and beyond, just reinforce the pump tunnel and the FZ hull makes a super fast dragster.

Not sure about 'winterizing' because we ride all year here, but if you head over to the FAQ section and use the search tool they have several threads with tips on it here:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmcd View Post
    Congrats on you new ski! She is a beast! Swap that stock intake grate to RD Intake soon as possible! There's a bucking issues with this models!!
    Thanks, i really do love this thing. I will be swapping the grate out asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ale View Post
    22 hours in 5 years...
    no comment!
    good deal.
    I hope it has been winterized when not used for long time.
    This ski has been maintained by the local marina.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Congrats, you picked a winner. That's a badazz ski, and you're barely broken in at 22 hours so very little maintenance required; just swap out the intake grate for safety as mentioned and you're good to go.

I suggest the R&D Aquavein; we have over 500 hours of riding on this product with no bucking ever, you can get it from Jerry's store here, might be a coupon available:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1120

Beyond that, just change oil and filter every 50 hours or 12 months. At 200 hrs you're supposed to have valve clearance checked.

Since it's been sitting for a while you might want to go ahead and put fresh oil and plugs in, but just don't overfill the oil that is a really common error. Hopefully your battery is okay, but that's no big deal you can get a decent Duralast AGM at Autozone for under $100. Overall the Yamahas are not finicky about maintenance and very durable in my experience:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189782

When you get the itch for more speed they respond VERY well to mods on up to 80 mph and beyond, just reinforce the pump tunnel and the FZ hull makes a super fast dragster.

Not sure about 'winterizing' because we ride all year here, but if you head over to the FAQ section and use the search tool they have several threads with tips on it here:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34
    Thanks for the links greatly appreciate it. Which oil do you guys recommend in this ski YamaLube or AMSOIL? So RD Grate over RIVA huh? I keep looking to see if there are any coupons actually.

I actually bought this from a NHL Player believe it or not, he has a house in Indiana on a lake so his dad posted the ski up for sale and I met him when I bought it, John Michael Liles who plays for NC Hurricanes it was his ski.

+1
    You can use the greenhulk coupon code for 10% off on R&D and Riva parts in the performance store.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    You can use the greenhulk coupon code for 10% off on R&D and Riva parts in the performance store.
    Where is that located, i am not familiar with this site, i selected "Order Performance Parts" but did not see a code unless its automatic?

+1
    I stick with Yamalube in mine. Not sure if AMSOIL has friction modifiers in it, but they will cause clutch slippage if it does. Now that I think about it, I think I remember someone saying they have some without, but I've had zero issues using Yamalube.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ArslanD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    Where is that located, i am not familiar with this site, i selected "Order Performance Parts" but did not see a code unless its automatic?
    If you click on the link that was posted for the intake grate or just browse to http://www.4-tecperformance.com and add the item to your cart. Then when checking out in the discount/coupon field enter greenhulk as the coupon code you will get the discount applied.

12. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks, yeah i think ill just stick to Yamahlube.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information