Few questions on 2010 fx sho.

1.)what's this noise when I slightly rev my ski? After about 5 minutes on the hose, haven't taken it out since (Attached YouTube video)
    2.) is the only grease nipple on these machines the one next to the hose connection under the rear seat? How much grease and how often?(attached photo)
    3.)I've never fogged my ski before since owning and I live in aus and winter only gets about 10 degree Celcius. can I do this as a general maintenance procedure? Say every 10 hours or so or not? Also how do I properly fog? Take the hose from air box to s/c off ad spray directly into s/c while running the ski???
    4.) I purchased a ssqv HKS BOV. Instructions say to drill and tap into the rear of the manifold for the best vaccuum point. Can I use the tee piece that also come with it to create a vaccuum from somewhere else? Not causing any issues

thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	328207  
    Last edited by Chaseyb093; 05-04-2014 at 01:46 AM.

+1
    Just ride all year and no need to winterise
    You don't really need to fog if ski is stock
    The oil blow by is feed into the air box

Don't pump extra grease in the fitting only put the recommended amount in at the factory intervals

+1
    I couldn't really hear the noise you were talking about

that whine that kicks in about 3-8 seconds? is that normal? i havnt owned the ski very long and i think it may have always been over filled with engine oil. i sucked it out to what i believe to be the correct level add it started making that noise.. previously on the dip stick when cold the oil measured about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch above full. i took aprox 1.3l out and it sits just on full now.. ill post a better video but first can i run my ski with impeller and shaft taken out? if not ill wait a few days until i get it back in

+1
    Sounds normal to me
    get out the habit of revving it on trailer this can cause damage to the clutch

okay fair enough, what about when flushing water out after running it on the hose?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaseyb093 View Post
    okay fair enough, what about when flushing water out after running it on the hose?
    dont go blowing clutch revving on hose,
    just a little few grand blip...i always put it in reverse when flushing as this limits the RPM's to 4k, plenty for a flush out

+1
    Yes...totally agree everything Hydro says. If keeping stock BOV not necessary "unless" you intend to do major wave jumping. +1 on the grease fitting. Don't hear anything wrong with the engine. If you think that is bad listen to a Seadoo. They are clunky as hell when on the hose.

Guys i'm still stumped on the noise.. You may not notice it.. Or think it's anything but it doesn't start until the engine heats up after 5-10 minutes... When my impeller goes back in ill show you...

Thread Information