Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 310X issues

310X issues

I just bought two 300X's after selling my 15f's. One ski is flawless in performance. Both have 30 hrs. The green ski has two issues, First I get water in bilge after running. Not sure were it is coming from possibly bilge system after reading service manual. Any thoughts? Second issue is with green ski also. On aceleration it revs the same as other ski but takes a few seconds latter to fully engage as if it is slipping. Top end is same on both skis it just seems like the red ski hooks up with water quicker. Any thoughts?

Your topic says 310X, but you say you bought two 300X. Please confirm if they are 300 or 310.

I don't have an answer for you about the Bilge pump, but I would get that fixed immediately before you take out again.

I would check to see if there is any prop damage to the Green ski. Maybe they sucked up a rock or something and bent a blade which would make it slip or just not accelerate like it should. That would effect the top end as well so that might not be it, but worth checking out.

Are the ski's identical? You say 1 seems to hook up better, did they put a ride plate or intake grate on the 1 that is hooking up better?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick*j View Post
    I just bought two 300X's after selling my 15f's. One ski is flawless in performance. Both have 30 hrs. The green ski has two issues, First I get water in bilge after running. Not sure were it is coming from possibly bilge system after reading service manual. Any thoughts? Second issue is with green ski also. On aceleration it revs the same as other ski but takes a few seconds latter to fully engage as if it is slipping. Top end is same on both skis it just seems like the red ski hooks up with water quicker. Any thoughts?
    How much water you talking about?
    Its normal to have 1/4 in. of water or so under the engine so as you move forward the water travels back towards your one siphoning bilge which scavenges any water above 1/4 in, if you tilt the front of the ski down a little more water will flow forward but should be very little...

When you leave the launch for the ride home open up Your stern plugs so any remaining water will be almost gone...

BUT remember to put plugs back in when you get home or go back out.

Both 300x's

Took both out for same ride one was bone dry the other very small amount of water. My son had the green one so some of the water may have externally induced by his riding.

A little bit of water is normal depending on the riding style...if your worried about it find a calm area and pull the motor cover cover while running..make sure the water hose above the S/C belt in not leaking..that would explain both problems..if not Sambo is right about prop and or vane guide damage.

UPDATE! Replaced main jet tube (Around prop) found some erosion and a couple of fins that were missing pieces. Figured this would fix the problem. Took ski out today and has the same issue. From dead start is over revs and does not hook up like the other identical ski. Once you are moving about 20 to 20 mph and crack the throttle there is no issue. Prop looked good clearance good .012, well within specs. Grate looks good and tunnel leading from grate is good. There is nothing else I can think of that would cause this issue. Is there any kind of clutch system in the drive line or just the coupler?

+1
    [QUOTE=Rick*j;2382527]UPDATE! Replaced main jet tube (Around prop) found some erosion and a couple of fins [QUOTE]
    What fins?

+1
    UPDATE! Replaced main jet tube (Around prop) found some erosion and a couple of fins that were missing pieces. Figured this would fix the problem. Took ski out today and has the same issue. From dead start is over revs and does not hook up like the other identical ski. Once you are moving about 20 to 20 mph and crack the throttle there is no issue. Prop looked good clearance good .012, well within specs. Grate looks good and tunnel leading from grate is good. There is nothing else I can think of that would cause this issue. Is there any kind of clutch system in the drive line or just the coupler?
    Jet tube?...you mean the black rubber seal around the pump?

Sounds like your cavitating bad,shoot a flashlight thru the grate ,make sure the thin black edge of the seal is evenly going around circumference between where the pump and shoe meet..

+1
    did you replace the prop also, im guessing if the liner was damaged the prop would also be damaged maybe the previous owner filed the prop down to hide the damage.

these skis require a tightass pump to liner clearance or they will cavitate at take off. is the rubber seal in its correct position? is the pump tunnel clean and free of excess silicon. is your s/c belt tensioner working correctly?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information