09 fzr performance exhaust

looking at buying an 09 fzr sho thats has a performance exhaust (dont know the brand) how mutch louder than stock are they usually, im riding on a small lake, and dont want hate from my neighbours, Previous owner, said mostly louder at idle, but after pretty mutch the same as stock or a little louder.

i also plan to add asn hks ssqv blow off, as it has 100hours and want to prevent clutch damage, is the noise from the blowoff not too loud as its in the hull? thanks guys.

+1
    What kind of exhaust are you talking about? Freeflow (uses the stock outlet location) or rear exit (you cut a hole in the hull to create a new outlet location). I can speak from experience that the freeflow would not be a bother to your neighbors. Yes it is louder than stock, but by no means is it excessive.

I also run a HKS ssqv blow off valve on my FZR. It is not loud. You can hear it go "psssshhh" while you are riding and anyone close by can hear it too, but again it is not very loud.

its a freeflow exhaust bu no idea from what manufaturer

+1
    Take it for a test ride and see what the sound level is and whether or not it is acceptable. It could be an R&D, Riva or DIY project.

I had the riva free flow and changed to their thru hull. The free flow has an annoying drone noise at low rpm cruise speed. Thru hull is not much louder than free flow but is definately lot dear than stock.. I've been told its not that its loud, but makes the ski sound totally unique to all the others on the water.

Check out the diy free flow stuff if you do not want to cut a hole in your hull. It doesnt have the drone noise.

+1
    Which DIY Exhaust is out there that doesn't have too much drone but is louder than stock? I am trying to convince myself into cutting a hole but not sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ArslanD View Post
    Which DIY Exhaust is out there that doesn't have too much drone but is louder than stock? I am trying to convince myself into cutting a hole but not sure.
    Here you go http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117030

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside518 View Post
    Take it for a test ride and see what the sound level is and whether or not it is acceptable. It could be an R&D, Riva or DIY project.
    Agreed! I would take it for a test ride regardless.
    If it is aftermarket anything it will be louder than stock regardless what it is.

well the deal didnt fall thru, owner kept giving me the runaround... BUt as ive written in my other posts, nothing happens for nothing, ive bought one with 7.6 hours stock for even cheaper than that one that had 100 hours
    lol

Thread Information