Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

IBR Problems P2102

I was out on my RXP-X260 running my new s/c in so i was riding in slow in quite flat water when the IBR light came on and stuck in forward , The code was C0043 and the IBR had over roded the tracks that the small white bobbins run in were on the outside , The IBR u arm was up back towards the pump , I managed to remove all of the IBR mechanism , I have a very friendly local Sea Doo dealer " Sussex Marine Watersports Brighton UK" now this was the first time i had used my ski since i had installed the MoTec so i put the stock ecu back on and the same code was still there and could not be cleared with BUDS, We all thought it was the IBR motor so he had a brand new one we tried and the IBR light was now off great we thought but the new IBR motor was still stuck in the forward position , when i started the ski the IBR light came back on but with a new code P2102 we think this means no IBR movement and the old C0043 had gone ,I removed the key then back on again the IBR light was not on but the IBR was still in forward i tried the IBR override function and the IBR light came on with the P2102 code again, we used BUDS to match the new IBR unit to my ski but still no change ,So we fitted a brand new main wiring harness no difference , I have spent the whole day pulling the ski apart looking for anything wrong and all looks okay,the only thing we did not change is the engine harness and my mate has the same ski and tomorrow we are going to try his harness , because the IBR is stuck forward i can not fit the steering part of the pump/IBR unit only the u part that bolts the the IBR motor , I have also replaced all the white bobbins and bushes in the whole rear end while its out just in case that had something to do it with the original problem/code ,I have tried the stock ecu and Motec and there is no difference by the way , I am a bit lost what to try next,
    Is there anyway of making the IBR come down so i can refit the rest of the IBR/steering/trim,bucket please?
    I also so have P1550 but have been to told the is normal with the MoTec,
    When i plug my Laptop in i see two other faults,
    1: exhaust lamba external diagnostic "low fault"
    2: Jet trim sensor diagnostic "hight fault
    I am going to phone Motec about these faults when they are open
    I have had the IBR light come on before when i have been doing big wave jumping but by removing and replacing the key it would reset

+1

IBR Problems P2102

Quote Originally Posted by waz480 View Post
    I was out on my RXP-X260 running my new s/c in so i was riding in slow in quite flat water when the IBR light came on and stuck in forward , The code was C0043 and the IBR had over roded the tracks that the small white bobbins run in were on the outside , The IBR u arm was up back towards the pump , I managed to remove all of the IBR mechanism , I have a very friendly local Sea Doo dealer " Sussex Marine Watersports Brighton UK" now this was the first time i had used my ski since i had installed the MoTec so i put the stock ecu back on and the same code was still there and could not be cleared with BUDS, We all thought it was the IBR motor so he had a brand new one we tried and the IBR light was now off great we thought but the new IBR motor was still stuck in the forward position , when i started the ski the IBR light came back on but with a new code P2102 we think this means no IBR movement and the old C0043 had gone ,I removed the key then back on again the IBR light was not on but the IBR was still in forward i tried the IBR override function and the IBR light came on with the P2102 code again, we used BUDS to match the new IBR unit to my ski but still no change ,So we fitted a brand new main wiring harness no difference , I have spent the whole day pulling the ski apart looking for anything wrong and all looks okay,the only thing we did not change is the engine harness and my mate has the same ski and tomorrow we are going to try his harness , because the IBR is stuck forward i can not fit the steering part of the pump/IBR unit only the u part that bolts the the IBR motor , I have also replaced all the white bobbins and bushes in the whole rear end while its out just in case that had something to do it with the original problem/code ,I have tried the stock ecu and Motec and there is no difference by the way , I am a bit lost what to try next,
    Is there anyway of making the IBR come down so i can refit the rest of the IBR/steering/trim,bucket please?
    I have had the IBR light come on before when i have been doing big wave jumping but by removing and replacing the key it would reset
    The Motec faults are also normal. If your not running any sort lamba input, you can turn them off in the software.

Since you has access to buds, did you try moving the bucket with buds?

+1
    Thanks Scott , I am running lamba and this is the first after market ecu i have ever had so i am starting for scratch knowledge wise which is not helping lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    The Motec faults are also normal. If your not running any sort lamba input, you can turn them off in the software.

+1
    Thanks Scott , I am running lamba and this is the first after market ecu i have ever had so i am starting for scratch knowledge wise which is not helping lol

The error does go away one the o2 is warmed up

+1
    I am working my way though the webinars , It's going to take a while lol

+1
    No we did not try BUDS to move the bucket but i will try that tomorrow thanks Scott , I am not too worried about the MoTec i know i am in good hands it's the IBR problem thats bothering me

Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    +1
    also check and make sure its not LOCKED for any reason in buds..

+1
    Did you get this sorted out mate? Was the new ibr motor needed?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiepauly View Post
    Code C0043 is :Brake Lever Sensor (BRLS) signals B open or shorted to ground
    I changed the sensor and made no difference so i started pinning out the wires from the sensor to the electrical plug underneath the steering and found a corroded wire , I cut it and resoldered it back onto the pin and
    it has been okay every now and then the IBR light comes on and i unplug key replug it in and the light goes out

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiepauly View Post
    Code C0043 is :Brake Lever Sensor (BRLS) signals B open or shorted to ground
    I changed the sensor and made no difference so i started pinning out the wires from the sensor to the electrical plug underneath the steering and found a corroded wire , I cut it and resoldered it back onto the pin and
    it has been okay every now and then the IBR light comes on and i unplug key replug it in and the light goes out

Thanks mate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information