Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Rxt-x 260 vs Rxp-x 260 whats the better all rounder?

Hi im hoping to hear people opinions on these two skis and especialy from anyone whose rode both.
    Ive had rxps rxp-xs and friends have had rxts and rxt-xs fzrs ultra 260s etc and ive always preferred my p-x 255 over any ive rode.
    Ive never rode either with the S3 hull and hear there way better than the hull I had?

I ride 80% in sea and all year round I know the p-x isn't the best sea craft and the ultra is prob an easier ski to go faster thru the chop but I like the way the p-x does it and like the feel of the craft and the handling it gives.
    Im not really intrested in crazy power my p-x had 4" kit,solas prop,set back pump,worx grate,renthal bars,sponson mod,worked ride plate and that was about it and had a blast with it.
    I am now wondering if theres much difference in the two newer versions?I rode the 255 rxt-x and p-x back to back at a demo day before I ordered mine and p-x was faster and handled a lot better although it was in a lake.
    Whats your opinions on the two and does the new t-x outperform the p-x that much more in the sea?

+1
    I have both the S3 & T3 hulls. IMO the T3 is the better all around hull.

+1
    I too have S3 & T3 boats. I prefer the T3, and my wife prefers the S3. FWIW, I ride in lakes.

I really love the T3 Hull! Its the best hull on market today! It turns on dime and cuts the chop excellent!

My tx and a 2014 PX are dead even. It was all who pulled the trigger first. I also rode his px and IMO if it's a 1 man ski the PX. Two person TX. Mine is for me and my wife and it works well.

The he guy with the PX rode two up for first time and his wife complained about the seat and that was two very small people.

Seat on the PX is awesome though and turns nicely!

+1
    Ok thanks for that so mostly the T3 hull wins on a whole?
    90% riding will be myself an odd time maybe somebody would come out but rarely and probably not for very long,ive been watching a few offshore videos and the rtx-x seems to be doing well at them hence I half though the rxt-x would be better.

For anyone that's had the 255 p-x and had/rode the 260 p-x how much better is the 260??

+1
    I had a 2009 Rxpx race ski for about 3years and now own a Yammy 2012 fzs.
    I had the opportunity to take a friends 2013 PX for a spin recently and it felt amazing, turns on a dime and just glides through the ocean like its a flat lake. The power of the Yammy is great but for me that's where it stops, the PX for me is the perfect all round ski especially if you predominantly ride in the ocean.

+1
    For the solo rider the T3 hull all day long.

Doesn't sound like you'll really be hauling a passenger that often so the P-X will be just fine. Even with a passenger it runs great. Most people need to log a few hours on the ski to get the hang of the T3 hull especially when doubling up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skylolow View Post
    For the solo rider the T3 hull all day long.

Doesn't sound like you'll really be hauling a passenger that often so the P-X will be just fine. Even with a passenger it runs great. Most people need to log a few hours on the ski to get the hang of the T3 hull especially when doubling up.

Ive been offered a 2010 rxt-x with the s3 hull totally stock is this ski a better craft than my 255 p-x?Bearing in mind I think its a brat ski already but am I missing out somewhat and the s3 t-x better or much of a muchness and better just getting a 260 p-x?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    For anyone that's had the 255 p-x and had/rode the 260 p-x how much better is the 260??
    After I bought my 2012 Rxpx, I sold my 2008 rxpx, even thought the 2008 Rxpx was faster.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information