Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Traded the 250 with a new SHO any advice

Go tired of oil change every time I went out to the ocean, a lot of other problems and took the sales guys advice and picked up a new SHO. Always been a kawi guy but new to Yamaha PWC. I have been out for three years but now am ready to do some ocean riding. I would appreciate any and all advices.

I traded my new 07' 250 in for a new 07 GP1300 back in the day, I thought it was well worth it but everyone seems to like the 250 for the ocean. I thought it got you to wet and used so much fuel it was not enough fun. Got the Fzs for the last 2 years now and couldn't be more happy. Better fuel, better ride, and if you wanna stay dry you will... Enjoy your new toy!

Thanks for your response. I had 270 ocean hours on my 07 250 and I enjoyed the ride. But it got very expensive to maintain.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Best advice is .... To Thank God you got rid of the 250....lol

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    Best advice is .... To Thank God you got rid of the 250....lol
    hahahah Thanks that is how I felt when I got rid of it. But didn't want to say it that way cuz I ride Kawi motorcycle still.

+1
    Follow the break-in, then ride it and enjoy.
    Change the oil and plugs once a year. Actually, I don't think you need to change the plugs every year, but I do.

+1
    Are you noticing slightly better range or much better? Any numbers to back it up? Just asking because I'm pretty much in the same boat. Thinking FZ, FX, or possibly back to another 300. Made a couple grand over what I bought it for a few months ago so putting it back into a new ski.

+1
    Congratulations on your new SHO. Ride it hard, ride it often. Do the maintenance per the book and I'm certain that you will enjoy the ski for a long long time.

Use good throttle control in the rough and wave jumping and it will run forever.

You don't post in your profile or in the original where you ride. Its always more fun to ride with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    Follow the break-in, then ride it and enjoy.
    Change the oil and plugs once a year. Actually, I don't think you need to change the plugs every year, but I do.
    I believe in "ride it like you stole it" for the first time for a break in. I did it to all my bike and toys I ever owned.
    I really liked my 250s ride but it was too much maintenance and oil change. I hope that the Yami is not going to disappoint me in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by nvgtrsprt View Post
    Are you noticing slightly better range or much better? Any numbers to back it up? Just asking because I'm pretty much in the same boat. Thinking FZ, FX, or possibly back to another 300. Made a couple grand over what I bought it for a few months ago so putting it back into a new ski.
    I will be riding it this Sun for the first time. I can only compare it to the 250 which didn't last long. But I will report my observation after the first ride.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information