Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PFDs for friends and casual riders

I'm getting a pair of sparks in 8 days, and need to get some PFDs for friends to go riding with. I am buying a nice neoprene PFD for myself, but don't want to buy a bunch of expensive PFDs in several sizes for guests. Anyone have any thoughts about the suitability of this vest for PWC use?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=3998162

The reviews indicate is is adjustable over a wide range of sizes (and I can get a discount on items at Dick's, so I've got that going for me). Is there any reason not to use this style PFD on a PWC?

+1
    ive seen them being worn before.. however, that is a bit of a heafty price tag for vests... the west marine by me sells similar vests in the 15.99-19.99 range.. for that price, just buy neoprene.

+1
    Yeah $60 for spare pdf's...F that. You can go to walmart and pick some up cheap and they are decent. My wife has one and it's good to go.

My concern is fitting a wide range of guests. These report to be adjustable from a 30" chest, to a 60" chest. To cover that range in neoprene, I'd have to buy a LOT of vests.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNH View Post
    My concern is fitting a wide range of guests. These report to be adjustable from a 30" chest, to a 60" chest. To cover that range in neoprene, I'd have to buy a LOT of vests.
    They can buy their own, you are already providing a ski.

Quote Originally Posted by gators8 View Post
    As it turns out, I am nice.

I also make a lot more money than my friends. I bought 2 sparks so I'd always have someone to ride with. None of my friends are going to buy one. Buying 3 very adjustable life vests to have on hand is a small extra expense at that point. Plus when I have out of town guests show up, there is no need for them to buy life vests for one day's worth of riding.

+1

I also make a lot more money than my friends. I bought 2 sparks so I'd always have someone to ride with. None of my friends are going to buy one. Buying 3 very adjustable life vests to have on hand is a small extra expense at that point. Plus when I have out of town guests show up, there is no need for them to buy life vests for one day's worth of riding.
    Point taken.

+1
    Hello ... good question. You can do as we have done ... went to COSCO bought there nice PFD's 1 in each size. Total cost was about $125. but as a ski owner & live on a lake ... you will get several years out of them. Good Luck

9. +1 by:

+1

Do you pay for the gas oil and food for the day too? If your friends don't have the courtesy to help out with expenses, maybe they are not your friends, just freeloaders. Out of town guests I understand but the line has to be drawn somewhere. You making payments and upkeep on a lender ski is being more than nice. Who pays for the repairs when one of these "friends" goes and bashes it into a dock, or runs it up on a jetty?

+1
    You should buy a ski for yourself and then find other people that own skis like that you will make friends who are enthuiest like yourself and enjoy jet skis. Then with the extra money you saved on the second spark you can take some vaca, buy a nice watch, and so forth. buy a second pfd and if it fits good if not oh well.

In life if you have money you can be generous with friends and even strangers but dont play the sucker roll no offense intended. Some people are just friends with others for convinience. You cant control who your friends are you can only control if you make friends.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information