Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

impellar noise?? Need advise!!

I installed a used jet pump from a SL900 onto my SLT750 w/o the extended section for now. I reused my shaft from my 750 because the SL900's was lost in shipment. I didn't check my old shaft if it was warped or not. Anyway, this is whats happening..during idle it sounds like the impellar is rubbing in the wear ring but when I accelerate the sound goes away. I checked the impellar in the wear ring before installing it by spinning it by hand and there was no binding! I got my 750 DOA and the culprit was a frozen impellar in the wear ring not bearing. So, is my problem the shaft or the impellar? There was no problems bolting up the pump to the motor.

FYI

This is my first PWC so everything I do is for the first time. My PWC hasn't gone in the water yet so I'm just curious if this screeching sound from the pump, at idle, normal when its out of the water?? I want to pull it apart but I need suggestions first! Gives me time to work on the other projects!!

+1
    Out of the water they do sound like a box of rocks. Drop it in the water and see how it sounds.

Thanks beer....I quess its off to the great blue yonder!! (crossing fingers, toes, etc...)

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Did you install the rubber bumpers on BOTH ends of the drive shaft?

i have encountered similar problems. one suggestion that i have if the problem is still a concern after you run the ski, just to be sure, disconnect the engine from the drive to make sure the problem is in the impeller and not the engine. just a thought. process of elimination.

Polaris Octane noise!!!

Dude I have the same Question. I've got a stock 03 Polaris Octane that I just purchased with only a couple hours on it and after 10 seconds or so of run it out of the water it starts making this squealing noise or moaning noise. What is this and is it normal? Will it go away when I put it in the water? My Yamaha Waveblaster does not make any of these noises. Help!

+1
    Anybody have a video camera with sound? Maybe record it and we can tell if its normal.

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
    Dude I have the same Question. I've got a stock 03 Polaris Octane that I just purchased with only a couple hours on it and after 10 seconds or so of run it out of the water it starts making this squealing noise or moaning noise. What is this and is it normal? Will it go away when I put it in the water? My Yamaha Waveblaster does not make any of these noises. Help!
    My Virage's always have out of the water and will always make the beautiful noise of quality stainless steel parts working together

Soooo..what you guys are saying is this screeching, metel to metal sound during idle out of the water is normal. I'm not damaging anything, right?? I ran the engine before I hooked up the pump and it was fine!! No screeching noises! And when I bring the RPM's up it goes away! Well, I gotta put my ride plate on and see what it does in the water!! Thanks for your suggestions!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information