Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

My 2014 Mudbug experience. Also why I love Greenhulk.

First let me say the Mrs and I had a great time. We had not been to MC in quite awhile and we sure have missed the place.

For all of you people who always say you are coming but never make it, this is what Mudbug & Greenhulk is all about. Our weekend started out great. A nice day of riding Thursday with a little trip planned over to Berwick Friday to go check out the swamp South of Morgan City. Well much to my surprise instead of a small group of people I am about to lead into an area that I am not too familiar with we have 15 skis and 1 jet boat. For those who know me, I love going places like this (not knowing my way around), I just did not plan on leading this many people on one of my screwed up adventures. Well I got us a little lost, but with some help we all found our way back to civilization.

This is where the Love about Greenhulk part comes in. Later that day, as the Mrs and I are heading to the Spunky Monkey, my ski starts to develop a vibration. No sooner than we turn around the motor locks up. Once back at the ramp, I can see the wear ring is totally fubar. I make it over to the local dealer who had a ring in stock, get back to the Motel, pull the pump and Richard (WFO) sees that not only is the wear ring toast, but the impeller is fooked. It looks like the impeller started to come apart and sliced, diced and melted the wear ring. No problem, I am a little let down, but the Mrs and I will ride 2 up on the Rxtx the rest of the weekend. At dinner later that night I told the Jersey crew what had happened. Vic (Vman) says he has another impeller he wants to run so I can use his Srz15/20.. Vic also says he has a impeller tool and Richard has a big cresent wrench. The next morning we get the props swapped out and everything looks good to go. A big shout out to everyone who helped. Mike (Addicted), Brian (suckmywake), Vic, Bryant (Bryantjopplin), Richard, and Chad (IBADTON). If I missed anyone I apologize. So we head back out to ride. My ski is running great and about 2 miles from the ramp I loose steering. In my hast to put everything back together, I forgot to tighten the steering nut. Chris (RXPChris) has some zip ties so I use them to have some steering back to the ramp. Seadoo puts the stearing bolt in from the bottom, well I always put the bolt in from the top, just in case I forget to tighten the nut, like I just did. Chad comes over and says he has a lock nut that will fit and tools. So with Chad and his 2 friends help (sorry guys, I forgot your names) I got the steering all fixed up. With Vics prop and Chads nut I was able to spend the rest the day enjoying the waters around Morgan City.

This is what I love about Mudbug and Greenhulk.

Troy Hebert
    Last edited by troyheb; 05-05-2014 at 09:41 PM.

+1
    yep talk about a close call.

+1
    So the moral to the story is you're a walking curse? I'll second that.

4. +1 by:

+1
    T-roy - Greenhulkers, like yourself, are the best peeps on the bayou.

+1
    I might have to come down next year! Meet up with the Jersey guys and go from there.

+1
    Richard (WFO) helped me out as well on Saturday! I fouled a plug in #1 cylinder and the ski was running like crap and even though I had plenty of tools Richard had the part and was right there over looking the quick plug replacement. He also made a few recommendations to reduce the pressure in my intercooler along with a few other ideas. Anyhow, it was really good to see so many friendly riders that was willing to lend out a hand. This was my first mud bug but it surely won't be my last. FYI a GPR SHO is an amazing ski that everyone should ride if given the opportunity!

8. +1 by:

+1
    Man; Every MB'er I have ever met has just been an awesome person period!

I was so happy to discover that I could help You out with that little jam, Troy! It was truly my pleasure. They just don't make them any better than You and Deb.

Big Thanks to everyone for making it another great MB!

+1
    I would like to second all of the above comments! It is rare that you can put that many people in one place and everyone get along with each other.

+1
    It was nice seeing all you guys and gals again....this is what "Mud Bug" is all about...riding and having fun.....there is a guy on the hydro drag section bashing members for not entering the "Race"...... mud bug for me is riding the swamp....just sayin

+1
    Glad to help Troy and thank you for helping me sat I burnt hole in # 3 cylinder pretty sure it was gros gas as motec map was perfect 11.6 at wot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information