Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Damnit!

  1. #1

    Damnit!

    BRP agreed to replace my engine under warranty. My dealer replaced it and it broke 20 minutes into the water test. BRP said a new second one that was ordered was on backorder. My dealer called BRP and they said a second one had to be "released" by a honcho probably because it's a warranty claim. I've been dealing with this since September of 2013.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Your Moms Place, Mass
    Posts
    10
    Good time to list that bitch on ebay...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dereksheap View Post
    Good time to list that bitch on ebay...
    Can't sell it. I'm broke and wanna ride. I look at this way. It's had a new ECU, intercooler, ride plate fittings driveline and engine(s). Not much else can go wrong.....I hope.

  4. #4
    Good thing I sorta know my around motors, construction etc. There was no coolant in the closed loop system.

  5. #5
    Q in Arizona's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    30,559
    +1
    7,353
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    Good thing I sorta know my around motors, construction etc. There was no coolant in the closed loop system.
    Jesus. The dealer gave it back to you like that?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    Good thing I sorta know my around motors, construction etc. There was no coolant in the closed loop system.
    Jesus. The dealer gave it back to you like that?
    Yup. Here's another one for ya that my bud caught on his RXP with a different deeler. Brought it in for an oil change. He gets it home and opens the front storage and finds the empty oil jug from the change. It was two stroke oil not four. Good thing he stumbled on it.

  7. #7
    Q in Arizona's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    30,559
    +1
    7,353
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    Good thing I sorta know my around motors, construction etc. There was no coolant in the closed loop system.
    Jesus. The dealer gave it back to you like that?
    Yup. Here's another one for ya that my bud caught on his RXP with a different deeler. Brought it in for an oil change. He gets it home and opens the front storage and finds the empty oil jug from the change. It was two stroke oil not four. Good thing he stumbled on it.
    This dealer incompetence has reached scary levels.

  8. #8
    ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lake Havasu, AZ
    Posts
    3,021
    +1
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    This dealer incompetence has reached scary levels.
    Its not just the dealers, it seems to be permeating many parts of our society


  9. #9
    I finally got ONE!!! ;) RXT-260-DOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hot Sulphur Springs, CO
    Posts
    295
    +1
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    This dealer incompetence has reached scary levels.
    Its not just the dealers, it seems to be permeating many parts of our society
    It has to do with pride and the lack thereof. Sad. I wonder where we, the human race, will be in 50 years. Schools, government, society, it has all gone down hill, and quickly I might add...

  10. +1 by:


  11. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    588
    +1
    93
    Do these mechanics have any proper training??? Something similar to the automobile field.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •