Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Water Woody is next

Water Woodys 06 monster is next in line for the (Sonic Boom) throttle body modifications from me. Sonic Boom is simply the name i chosen to give them.

I do not know Woody other than from this forum, have never met him, he is in Nevada and im in Florida, and we struck a deal for him to be my 3rd and FINAL tester for this TB mod. I am modding his existing throttle bodies exactly the same as the others out there that myself, Jims1300, and Nater785p have.
    Woody is close to 80mph at 4100 feet with his new 06 TJ ported monster and we are hoping this will push his ski into the 80+ club.
    Woody is a seasoned veteran at fast toys, very knowledgable, and i look forward to his opinion of them.
    Woody is currently using the Riva racing flame arrestor, just as Nater785p was.
    Woody will simply post his unbiased results, whatever they are, good or bad, probably the weekend of april 7-8.
    Thanks for allowing me this opportunity Woody. Im sure you will be grinnin like a kid at christmas when you try them, just like Jim and Nate did..
    Ross

I hope It gets him over the mark.
    If Woody hasnt taking the ski apart yet, I would love to see the RPM difference between the open airbox and the race filter. That way if we had a reading of how it ran with the open box, and then the open box with your mods, we would know that the gains could only be coming from those mods. Otherwise the gain could be coming from losing the Race filter. Im not doubting the claims, I just want to give you the heads up on what might be asked on the next round of testing.

(RPM difference between the open airbox and the race filter.)

Previous post tells that Jims 1300 previously ran an open airbox, Nater785p previously ran a riva racing flame arrestor, both have had almost identical results, gains of 100+ rpms and 1-1.4 mph. You cannot put the factory air box over this mod. It will not fit, and would adversely deflect air flow patterns.

Those TBs seem to be working well....

Now if I could just get my current kinks in my jetski worked out I could send mine off.... Grrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    (RPM difference between the open airbox and the race filter.)

Previous post tells that Jims 1300 previously ran an open airbox, Nater785p previously ran a riva racing flame arrestor, both have had almost identical results, gains of 100+ rpms and 1-1.4 mph. You cannot put the factory air box over this mod. It will not fit, and would adversely deflect air flow patterns.
    Good enough for me. Sounds like a great mod.

+1
    Can't wait ross!

+1
    Just a thought but with some peoples concern of water intrusion has anyone thought of putting a cover on the velocity stack (use material like riva uses on there cover for the race filter (blue one) and just put it over each stack) I have a spare one I would give away for someone to cut up and test?? just wonderinf what it would take away from the rpm's!

+1
    The covers are a big restriction.

+1
    March 7th will be the test date.Im almost as excited as Ross is! The first pull of the trigger will tell the tale.Im very confident that these TB's will carry out its claim.That would let me spin this 14/24 'pig tail' @ 7180-7220 rpm. Oh and i forgot to mention the 80+ MPH runs to follow.

Ross also mentioned the thought about running sheeps wool water socks over the stacks and i told him hes out of his mind!

+1
    Ross,

I thought I was next ?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information