Thread: RXT Siezed

Angry RXT Siezed

So I installed a freshly rebuilt X charger, new injectors, fizzle xs intercooler and it ran fine at the house but I only ran it for maybe 2 minutes max. Took it to the water this afternoon and it ran fine for maybe 3 minutes and then sounded like major engine damage and stopped running. It sounded a lot like rods snapped. I've pulled the plugs and they actually look clean, the oil filter also looks clean. I found an interesting snapped off stud down by my pump support. It looks to be brass with a stainless nylock and the brass stud is broken off. Anybody recognize it?

My next step was going to be pulling the supercharger and seeing if it would turn over -- in hopes that maybe the SC is bad. But it doesn't seem that way.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	328530Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	328531

+1
    Looks like the oil pressure switch, right side next to rear cylinder. You got oil inside the hull?

+1
    What year RXT do u have? Looks like a pump stud from the shoe area. Was this inside, or out by the prop area?

Could even be 1 of the 4 at the base of your steering column too.

+1
    that part is from an 05+ sponson insert-- nothing to do with the motor at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    that part is from an 05+ sponson insert-- nothing to do with the motor at all.
    It's definitely possible it's unrelated. It's just strange I didn't see it in the past week when I've done 15hrs of work inside the hull. The motor is definitely locked hard. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to take the supercharger off and see if that's part of the issue. I have a funny feeling i'm going to be in the market for a new engine. The sound it made as it died was very broken rodish sounding. I've raced cars most of my life and I've heard that sound. It's weird though because it was under almost no load or RPM. At most 3000 rpm. The ski has 93 hours on it and never had any issues before. It's a 2006 RXT.

+1
    that's the sponson bolt.

Rod sounds are pretty universal. Besides chipped pistons, my biggest enemy with my cars was lost rods in one form or another.

Upon pulling the intercooler lines I see water in the intake. It looks like the new intercooler might have leaked water into the intake hydrolocking the motor and causing a general effin mess. The spark plugs aren't bent or broken though and they don't seem covered in water. But a puddle of water came out of my intake intercooler pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    that's the sponson bolt.

Rod sounds are pretty universal. Besides chipped pistons, my biggest enemy with my cars was lost rods in one form or another.

Banned User
    +1
    Sponson nut...

Any silver dust in the IC pipe from the SC to the IC?

+1
    Leaky fizzle? Uh oh

Quote Originally Posted by VXRslayer21 View Post
    Leaky fizzle? Uh oh
    I don't want to jump to that just yet. Let me pull it all apart and pressure test the fizzle. It just seems like the most likely culprit since there's water in the air side of the IC and the line leading into the intake.

Thread Information