Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2004 RXP Build from scratch

Hey, everyone. New to the greenhulk forum! While looking for info on where to go with my "new" rxp i kept finding myself here reading, so congrats you won my membership!
    Anyway i bought the rxp of a local guy for $3000 (there is one with 137h going for 10K, Newfoundland is crazy expensive for stuff like this). The story was he got her from a guy wanting to put a 260 motor in the 215 hull. The project never got done because he never found a motor and now he just wants it gone. I got a 215 motor with her and the seadoo and motor us supposed to have less than 100 hrs on it. Either way i shouldn't loose and what better to be at now i'm laid off from work for a bit!

So on to The Project:
    I started by stripping the hull down to nothing and scrubbing it out clean. I organized what parts i had and figured out what was missing. I had to know for my self how every nut and bolt was assembled since she has been well picked over by a unknown mechanic. Almost everything was there with the exception of a few small pieces (hood latch, dip stick, intake grate, battery, ground wire).

The first night i made my first purchases:
    - Solas impeler
    - Wear ring
    - Jet pump rebuild kit
    - Drive shaft rebuild kit
    - Engine install gasket kit
    - Drive shaft boot
    - missing parts

I ran into something it took a bit to figure out what was done. I should have noticed it before i bought it but i got too excited at the thought of a new project and looked over it :P. The VTS which as i understand is on all 2004 RXP's is gone. The start/mode switch does not have a VTS button on it either. I don't think the jet pump has the trim ring on it so rolling with the punched i'm going to plug off the VTS hole and carry on as normal.
    The motor manufacture date is 2007 so i know its not original. I also see a big red paint flake that matched the contours of the supercharger, which is now black. Ive drawn the conclusion that this poor rxp had the ceramic super charger failure at some point.
    The SC appeared to be in good shape with what i think is the updated shaft and metal washers (il post a pic so hopefully someone can confirm this). I am going to pull the cover to see the starter gear, hoping this is the source of a few small metal flakes in the oil filter. I have already begun reinstalling everything into the hull. The wiring is a mess and i have been fighting through organizing it and putting it where is belongs. tough because i cant find a picture anywhere of how it should be. The rubber hose from the tank to fill hole seems to be too short (observe pic) and the wire for the + lead on the start seems to be far too short. The bolt holes for the motor mount seem to be slightly loose. when the bole is installed i can wobble the head left and right only. There are no cracks in the mounting area. Not sure if this is normal and never found anything about it except one member who had the fibreglass crack.
    I wont make this any longer now but il update the progress. This is my first seadoo build so if anyone can answer the couple questions great and any comments, questions or suggestions are welcomed! sorry for the novel but I like to be through for anyone else doing the same thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3346.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	328573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3345.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	328574   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3344.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	328575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3343.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	328576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3340.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	328577  

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3336.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	328582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3337.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	328583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3338.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	328584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3339.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	328585
    Here is a few more pictures.

+1

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	328596

Views:	186 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	328597
    Here is the supercharger and oil filter. There was more metal in the filter than in the pictures.
    let me know if those are the metal washers and new shaft. Thanks everyone

Views:	86 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	328598  

+1
    Looks clean. That gas tank is cleaner and looks newer than the one in the 12px.

need a picture of the end of the SC clutch assembly showing the shaft end. Will be able to tell you which shaft from that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sero901 View Post

Views:	169 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	328596

Views:	186 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	328597
    Here is the supercharger and oil filter. There was more metal in the filter than in the pictures.
    let me know if those are the metal washers and new shaft. Thanks everyone
    Dont get too carried away worrying about some metal in the filter, it happens.

+1
    Yeah I wasn't too worried but buying it taking someone's word that it's a good motor is a bit stressfull! Dodged a bullet with the valves. Checked today and I believe I have the solid exhaust valves. Everything seems to be coming together nicely!

Views:	84 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	328691  

+1
    10k? seems like alot bro. next time let me know i'll sell u one way cheaper! welcome to the hulk.

+1
    Will do! Everything is priced crazy around here. Maybe it's the cost to ship it all over? I don't know. and that was at a dealer!
    http://www.nlclassifieds.com/Full-Th...d-NLCId1512975

I got a lot of parts from the guys selling it and there prices on parts and the customer service was exceptional there.

The front ventilation tubes are missing. One of the ducts are P/N: 291001934. Do I need them or can I just leave them out? Seems pointless to me?
    Last edited by sero901; 05-08-2014 at 12:52 PM.

+1
    Small wold. I was going to purchase this ski for a side project, but instead I decided to stick to my own 2004 RXP. I would say we would pay 6500-7k for a low hour RXP here in Nova Scotia. I'm assuming newfoundland would be around the same.

A trip from the states to the ferry in Cape Breton would cost around 3k

Also is this guy a dealer? What was his name? I'll keep his number in my phone in case I need parts ASAP.

They're flipping skis from the states, they probably paid 4000$ to get that here but for some reason I was only offered 6500$ for mine and mine only has 80hrs and is cleaner then that one.

+1
    Yeah they are all bringing them up. My rxp was from South Carolina I think. The guy has always told me to respond to the add with a description of what I need. I usually give him a part number or link to a eBay add or something. I would say he could get you out of a jam pretty quick. That's his add, the business is called "Full Throttle Rentals"
    http://www.nlclassifieds.com/Recreat...nd-NLCId713639

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information