+1

Deck Panel Gaskets - Are They Reusable ???

I changed out the deck panels on my Spark from bubblegum to white only to find that the gasket strip on the front and rear panels seems to be glued in place. I didn't want to start pulling too hard on them to get them out cause they feel like they might tear. Are they glued somehow in place or or just wedged in there real tight, does anyone know ???
    I just don't want to buy the two gasket strips (293 260 340 & 293 260 341) if I don't have to !!! HELP !!

+1
    It depends. If Montreal wins tonight. I would recommend you replace all the gaskets. If bruins win then just inspect them as long as there not torn or piece missing you can probably just reuse them and save the money.

+1
    I just checked the service manual and it says: 1. Pull on old seal to remove it. 2. Clean off glue residue with isopropyl alcohol. 3. Flame treat rear body seal groove. Can someone explain "flame treat" ???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dolson View Post
    It depends. If Montreal wins tonight. I would recommend you replace all the gaskets. If bruins win then just inspect them as long as there not torn or piece missing you can probably just reuse them and save the money.
    lol...GO BRUINS GO!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Pig View Post
    I just checked the service manual and it says: 1. Pull on old seal to remove it. 2. Clean off glue residue with isopropyl alcohol. 3. Flame treat rear body seal groove. Can someone explain "flame treat" ???
    Yes if Montreal wins put a torch to back of ski to test it for flameablilty.

Sorry,no, I have no idea. Probably a flame retardant sealant

Its a new ski if it's not pulling up leave it. If it was a couple years old then I would worry about it. I want mine perfect too but that gasket is probably fine and most guidelines are written to replace worn or wearing parts. Use your best judgment if it looks ok and staying in place don't over think it.

+1
    Actually, I'm changing the colour of my Spark from bubblegum to white. I bought new panels but they come stripped with no gaskets, decals or logos so I wanted to transfer the gaskets but they don't seem to want to come off without tearing. Guess I'll just have to buy some new gaskets ...

+1
    are the gaskets stuck to the hull or the pannels? if hull then shouldnt be an issue just put the new pannels in it,

Are the gaskets channeled were the pannels need to sit inside of it? for $60 its not too bad to replace them but i think you can get away reusing them if you really wanted to. peace of mind to replace them is just as good. pull the old ones out before ording new ones, you may luck out and they come out in one piece unharmed.

+1
    Try heating them up with a blow dryer. That should loosen up the glue. Remember to keep moving the dryer.

Thread Information