2009 Speedster 150 - Should I buy/recommendations?

Have a deposit on a 2009 Speedster 150 with 155 HP. Mint condition with only 39 hrs. Deposit is for the selling price of 11,500. I really didn't want the SCIC and am ok with the lower performance associated with it. We just sold our 2004 Seadoo Utopia 185 and looking for a smaller jet. Any advice or input like issues with this model is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

+1

too high & wrong engine

[price is too high for that engine. don't buy under 215 hp engine, hard to sell and poor performance.
    Keep looking and google each day. I bought a 2009 Seadoo 150 w/215 engine, trailer with disc surge brakes, new bikini top and 12 hours on boat with one year left on extended warranty for $8,500.
    Prices are all over the place, but don't sell quickly, so make offers. also, don't buy any that have been in salt water.

Ron

Thanks

Where are you located? 11,500 didnt seem bad in comparison to what's been out there for the past year. Guess you can ask whatever you want, but most prices here start around 13K and goes up for that year and older.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    [price is too high for that engine. don't buy under 215 hp engine, hard to sell and poor performance.
    Keep looking and google each day. I bought a 2009 Seadoo 150 w/215 engine, trailer with disc surge brakes, new bikini top and 12 hours on boat with one year left on extended warranty for $8,500.
    Prices are all over the place, but don't sell quickly, so make offers. also, don't buy any that have been in salt water.

Ron
    It depends on what you're doing with the boat. I use the boat for towing wakeboarders / skiers 99% of the time and really don't need the 215hp. I could easily get by with the 155. And out here on the coast we really can't get around use in salt water. You just can't be lazy with a boat that gets used in salt water, lube and de-salt every week, and it runs like a swiss watch.

If it's a clean boat, it sounds like a decent deal, you gotta keep in mind they don't build these anymore so people that like them and want them will pay for them.

I just bought a 2009 150 Speedster 255HP with just under ninety hours on it for $11,000. The interior was as new as was everything else cosmetic other than what I considered minor rock rash on the keel. You couldn't even see it without laying on the ground and he pointed it out. He already had a 6' white KeelShield still in the package that he said he had paid $150 for that he had not installed saying he didn't want to hide anything. This is my first watercraft of any sort other than my wife's kayak. I looked around quite a bit and I thought it was a fair to under market price. He was asking $12,500 and had the receipt where he had paid $15,600 for it exactly two years ago with about sixty hours on it. I offered $11,000 and he accepted. He said he was selling toys to put money into his business and I believe him based on the huge new shop that was still under construction.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Ron
    I own a 2007 Speedster 150 with the 215hp engine and personally would not buy the 155hp. At least around North Carolina the 155's don't sell well because of the shortfall of not having the SC. Just because you have 215hp does't mean you have to use it...but it will come in very handy for resale when the time comes. of course that's just my opinion.

+1
    I have owned a 09 seadoo 155 for a while, it's a super realible and trouble free boat, it goes about 52 mph, with a full tank fuel, you can drive it for almost 3.5 hours with 30- 35 mph cruiser speed, very efficient. When I bought my seadoo 155, there was a 215 hp avalible for sale too at the Craigslist for about the same price, I picked the 155 one, I read some of the negative feedback on the early 215 turbo one, that made me scare to buy it.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. We did end up buying it and was a decent (no great) price for up here in Michigan. So far we love the boat. Clocks out about 46 on choppy water and wind with 3 people. I guess I was a bit scared off by the turbo maintenance and really dont need the extra performance. We sold a seadoo Utopia (with a 200 Opti and downsized a bit) and even though this one is a tad slower, it seems faster...

Quote Originally Posted by michiganmike View Post
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. We did end up buying it and was a decent (no great) price for up here in Michigan. So far we love the boat. Clocks out about 46 on choppy water and wind with 3 people. I guess I was a bit scared off by the turbo maintenance and really dont need the extra performance. We sold a seadoo Utopia (with a 200 Opti and downsized a bit) and even though this one is a tad slower, it seems faster...
    Good job, love my boat, I got up to 47-48mph on it trouble free the last 2 years (knocking on wood). I am however going to upgrade to the 2015 Scarab 165, it's our beloved speedster mould with upgrades, it also comes in 3 variations, non supercharged, and up from there.

You're going to love it, mostly everyone I know that has one does.

+1

Price is too high

Quote Originally Posted by michiganmike View Post
    Have a deposit on a 2009 Speedster 150 with 155 HP. Mint condition with only 39 hrs. Deposit is for the selling price of 11,500. I really didn't want the SCIC and am ok with the lower performance associated with it. We just sold our 2004 Seadoo Utopia 185 and looking for a smaller jet. Any advice or input like issues with this model is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Too high priced for that boat. Keep shopping, i bought a 2009 150 Speedster w/215 engine-12 hours, 1 year left on extended warranty, upgraded trailer with disc surge brakes, etc. for $8,500. Best to work the web daily and check Craigs list in many cities. Then make an offer. There are a lot of them for sale and many have been for sale for over a year or more. Also, i'd suggest not getting the 155 engine, as it will be much harder to sell and most who wants a Speedster type boat want better performance. I've had 4 Rotax engines, all with supercharger and intercoolers, one had external cooler and no issues.
    Good luck. Ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_01.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	331507  

Thread Information