Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

Head count from riva athena ecu problems

Hello everyone. Just wanted a head count from members who are using the Riva Athena ecu. I have had nothing but problems with it. Have had tech support from Riva and still same issues. My ski is never in saltwater, oem.intercooler still in good shape and throttlebody clean as a whistle. Have put back on my Oem ecu and all problems go away. My issues with the Athena are:

Hard starting, surging high idle, ibr brake not working, ski got stuck in reverse twice, constant low oil pressure message across dash, and 2 times had a surge of 4000 rpm that stuck for about 4 seconds. Either two things in my opinion. There was a bad batch of the Athena ecu's or this ecu is a POS! PLEASE post your opinions. Thanks.

+1
    I personally do run an Athena, but have heard of many guys complaining about the exact same problems.

+1
    I currently run Athena and have had for about 50hrs now. I have NO complaints at all, I started using it at with a completely stock ski and then gradually modded up to my current setup. Even with going with many different Modifications, the Athena did fine controlling it all.

I had a low idle situation that causes oil pressure messages but it easy to correct by raising the idle back to factory (for some reason the Athena has a lower idle rpms out of the box). ABSOLUTELY no surging or high idle problems for me. My IBR works fine 98% of the time with a few instances where it did get stuck in Drive, but that was easily fixed by pulling key off and restarting. My current setup is basically the Riva Stage 3 parts but with a DCC custom tune and even with the RIVA stage 3 tune it ran fine.

IMO, you have something going on that's not normal.

+1
    Have you had Riva remotely log in?

what exactly is your setup?

Banned User
    +1
    Yes probably 6 times. Has Riva stage 2 kit. Performance wise its great but the glitches im over it! Decided to sell the ecu and go Motec..

6. +1 by:

+1
    Hmmmmm....Kinda funny you claimed this ECU is junk,NOW your on here trying to sell it?????That is NOT cool and will not be tolerated on this site..IF you have something that is not working then DONT try to push it off on other members...that will not make you very popular and WILL get you banned from here..

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Doo'nt Dan View Post
    Decided to go Motec. If anyone is interested let me know. The Athena is good performance wise but it has its known glitches. $600

Banned User
    +1
    U need to get it straight homeboy. I said it was glitchy not junk. If I had something to hide I wouldn't of posted it up rite after my thread.

Banned User
    +1
    Glitchy and junk are different words.

Banned User
    +1
    Ban me from this site please.lol. I should shove this Athena ecu up your mothers ass Snoman. Like I give a shit !!

+1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information